(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ResolutePear

Re: Real life Hypo

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:$500 for a phone?

They do get pretty pricey if not subsidized.

If the OP decides to toss his phone, provided only the screen is cracked - I'll buy it for 100 bucks. Quick fix and resale at 300 at a 50 dollar profit for 4 minutes of work beats the shit out of most professions... provided there is a buyer available immediately - which usually I'd get stuck with it for a couple weeks max.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 pm

bk1 wrote:Pretty sure the iPhone 4 is almost 1k on ebay. If you're not getting it subsidized by your provider that shit is expensive.

Haven't seen that IBTL graphic before.

Yeah, anybody spending 1k on a phone that has a revision due out soon has some serious problems to contend with. Just as a side note:

Yes, both sides can break. You're buying a glass phone with some metal wrap around the edges.

Postby 12262010 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
superberry wrote:Hey guys,

As a ridiculously unaware 1L, I have a stupid real-life hypo for anyone who could shed some light on the matter..

A classmate of mine knocked my blackberry out of my hand at the bar tonight. It smashed onto the ground and the screen was cracked. I realize that she did not intend to cause this sort of damage but I would like to know what sort of recourse, if any, I may have against her. I am out about $500 due to her ridiculously huge physical gestures, which I realize I may just have to eat. Just wanted some insight.

Thanks for any thoughts.

contributory negligence (and possibly drunkenness) on your part,

get insurance, dumbass.

Contributory negligence.... How do you know he is going to law school in Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, North Carolina or DC?

comparative negligence, what the fuck ever. I obv knows he goes to NYU, so I assume you're just being extremely obnoxious.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 pm

booyakasha wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
superberry wrote:Hey guys,

As a ridiculously unaware 1L, I have a stupid real-life hypo for anyone who could shed some light on the matter..

A classmate of mine knocked my blackberry out of my hand at the bar tonight. It smashed onto the ground and the screen was cracked. I realize that she did not intend to cause this sort of damage but I would like to know what sort of recourse, if any, I may have against her. I am out about $500 due to her ridiculously huge physical gestures, which I realize I may just have to eat. Just wanted some insight.

Thanks for any thoughts.

contributory negligence (and possibly drunkenness) on your part,

get insurance, dumbass.

Contributory negligence.... How do you know he is going to law school in Virginia, Maryland, Alabama, North Carolina or DC?

comparative negligence, what the fuck ever. I obv knows he goes to NYU, so I assume you're just being extremely obnoxious.

Wow. If that qualifies as "extremely obnoxious," i'm really a jerkoff. I would call that more like mildly sarcastic and engaging in dorky law humor for all of thiry seconds.

Postby 12262010 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:41 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
Wow. If that qualifies as "extremely obnoxious," i'm really a jerkoff. I would call that more like mildly sarcastic and engaging in dorky law humor for all of thiry seconds.

yeah, you're HILARIOUS.

firemed

Postby firemed » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:48 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Wow. If that qualifies as "extremely obnoxious," i'm really a jerkoff. I would call that more like mildly sarcastic and engaging in dorky law humor for all of thiry seconds.

I thought you were funny. But in keeping with the tone set by the OP, I have decided to sue you. :D

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:59 pm

booyakasha wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

yeah, you're HILARIOUS.

You must be a fun dood to hang out with. I bet you're the life of the party aint ya?

Postby 12262010 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

yeah, you're HILARIOUS.

You must be a fun dood to hang out with. I bet you're the life of the party aint ya?

I'm not a dood brah.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:05 pm

booyakasha wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

yeah, you're HILARIOUS.

I'm not a dood brah.

Gotcha sister.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

booyakasha wrote:I might have just quoted the OP in the NYU 2013 thread for good measure...
omg drama llama

OP, I'm curious why you feel the interpersonal route may be closed off. At the time, obviously she didn't offer to cover the damage, but did she notice / acknowledge / apologize? Was she aware of the damage, or just the fact that she had caused it to fall? If she apologized, how profusely? Her view of her own blameworthiness (if you're in my section you've heard that word a lot today) would probably play a big role in how she responded if you were to approach her about it.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:41 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
booyakasha wrote:I might have just quoted the OP in the NYU 2013 thread for good measure...
omg drama llama

OP, I'm curious why you feel the interpersonal route may be closed off. At the time, obviously she didn't offer to cover the damage, but did she notice / acknowledge / apologize? Was she aware of the damage, or just the fact that she had caused it to fall? If she apologized, how profusely? Her view of her own blameworthiness (if you're in my section you've heard that word a lot today) would probably play a big role in how she responded if you were to approach her about it.

It was too late. OP was likely furiously typing up this post on his broken phone at that point. No way she could have gotten through his rage as he posted on TLS.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”