CivPro Help...Joinder of Claims and Parties

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lady Finch

CivPro Help...Joinder of Claims and Parties

Postby Lady Finch » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a chart that outlines the joining of claims and parties? Like shows the relationship of how a party becomes a co-defendant or a third party defendant and when cross claims may be filed and when counter claims are filed and all that? Maybe two separate charts for party and claims? I just think a visual representation would help me and some of my classmates understand the concept and layout of it all a bit better. Any help would be great...thanks!

GATORTIM

Re: CivPro Help...Joinder of Claims and Parties

Postby GATORTIM » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:30 pm

diagram the case as you read it and apply the FRCP as you go through the suits, counter-suits, joinder, etc. I think that an all-encompassing diagram (if one even exists) could not possibly effectively illustrate the endless possibilities that exist in cross-claims, counter-claims, filings against joined parties, etc. Also, the CivPro E&E is pretty good and has illustrations supporting it's examples.

Lady Finch

Postby Lady Finch » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 pm

GATORTIM wrote:diagram the case as you read it and apply the FRCP as you go through the suits, counter-suits, joinder, etc. I think that an all-encompassing diagram (if one even exists) could not possibly effectively illustrate the endless possibilities that exist in cross-claims, counter-claims, filings against joined parties, etc. Also, the CivPro E&E is pretty good and has illustrations supporting it's examples.

Thanks, I will take a look at the E&E for sure...anyone else have any advice on this topic?

pehaigllleises

Postby pehaigllleises » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 pm

I have a flowchart that I downloaded off the interwebs that I particularly liked.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... U18IV1NKig

Lady Finch

Postby Lady Finch » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 am

pehaigllleises wrote:I have a flowchart that I downloaded off the interwebs that I particularly liked.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... U18IV1NKig

Thank you!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”