Thoughts on this?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Thoughts on this?

Postby goosey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:29 pm

I can tell that there will be parallel cases on my civ pro exam and am considering making an excel sheet with the contents of my briefs, sorted alphabetically and printed. I dont put anything about cases in my outline aside from the name next to the relevant topic [Burger King next to "choice of law clause" etc--I can pretty much recall the main ideas of each case off the top of my head, but as the semester progresses I feel like my memory will start getting cloudy.

Is this a waste of time? should i just print my briefs out and keep them with me in case I need a refresher during the exam? I figured it might be nice to have them on hand in an organized fashion. I dont know why but I just dont want one-liners in my outline about the cases. I kind of like having it bare bones..but am hesitant to invest so a good 2 hours into creating this document, plus an hour a week updating it if its not going to do any good.

User avatar
spanktheduck
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:23 am

Re: Thoughts on this?

Postby spanktheduck » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm

If you are pulling out case briefs on a final, you are taking the final incorrectly. Very incorrectly

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Thoughts on this?

Postby goosey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:56 pm

spanktheduck wrote:If you are pulling out case briefs on a final, you are taking the final incorrectly. Very incorrectly


really?

I thought I needed them because our professor said he wants analogies to cases we've studied

MrAnon
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Thoughts on this?

Postby MrAnon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Seems like a shrewd plan. I would do it. You need to get that edge on your classmates in order to get a job.

User avatar
spanktheduck
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:23 am

Re: Thoughts on this?

Postby spanktheduck » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 pm

goosey wrote:
spanktheduck wrote:If you are pulling out case briefs on a final, you are taking the final incorrectly. Very incorrectly


really?

I thought I needed them because our professor said he wants analogies to cases we've studied


I stand corrected. I apoplgize. Most exams won't need this. If your professor wants you to do this, your above method seems like a good plan.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Thoughts on this?

Postby goosey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm

spanktheduck wrote:
goosey wrote:
spanktheduck wrote:If you are pulling out case briefs on a final, you are taking the final incorrectly. Very incorrectly


really?

I thought I needed them because our professor said he wants analogies to cases we've studied


I stand corrected. I apoplgize. Most exams won't need this. If your professor wants you to do this, your above method seems like a good plan.



ok..so I guess I should only do it for that one class. thanks!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests