Use of E&Es in Statute Heavy Courses Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jaudette

New

Use of E&Es in Statute Heavy Courses

Post by jaudette » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 am

This semester I am taking what I perceive to be classes that are focused primary on statutes and administrative regulations rather than case law. For those who have had experience, have the Examples & Explanations books for the following courses been as helpful as the series was for 1L courses? If not, what supplements worked for you?

Business Associations
Securities Regulation
Commercial Sales (Or equivalent UCC Art. 2 course)

Also, for BA is it worth it to get "Agencies, Partnerships, and LLCs" E&E and the "Corporations" E&E?

Grad_Student

Bronze

Re: Use of E&Es in Statute Heavy Courses

Post by Grad_Student » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am

jaudette wrote:This semester I am taking what I perceive to be classes that are focused primary on statutes and administrative regulations rather than case law. For those who have had experience, have the Examples & Explanations books for the following courses been as helpful as the series was for 1L courses? If not, what supplements worked for you?

Business Associations
Securities Regulation

Also, for BA is it worth it to get "Agencies, Partnerships, and LLCs" E&E and the "Corporations" E&E?
While I like E&Es I feel for intense courses like Secure or Payment Systems, I prefer a Emmanuels type study guide.

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am

Grad_Student wrote:
jaudette wrote:This semester I am taking what I perceive to be classes that are focused primary on statutes and administrative regulations rather than case law. For those who have had experience, have the Examples & Explanations books for the following courses been as helpful as the series was for 1L courses? If not, what supplements worked for you?

Business Associations
Securities Regulation

While I like E&Es I feel for intense courses like Secure or Payment Systems, I prefer a Emmanuels type study guide.
Is that just because its an easy organization of a huge amount of information, or is there some other reason?

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 am

corps is all caselaw dude even if it is statute-based. the bainbridge was pretty good. corps e&e was alright
Last edited by underdawg on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawstudent21

New

Post by lawstudent21 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm

If you are looking for something other than the E&E's, you might find the ABC's of the UCC helpful in UCC cases. There are separate books for each article of the UCC and you can get them off of amazon. The books are helpful because they explain the different parts of the UCC and how they fit together, plus there are numerous hypos to help you think through the law. Here's the ISBN for the one regarding Sales/Article 2 978-1590313053

Good luck with your classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leobowski

Silver

Post by leobowski » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

The Corporations E&E is great, the Agency/Partnerships/LLC E&E is meh as it doesn't really mesh with the Bainbridge book. I can't really comment on the other classes.

And not to thread hijack, but does anyone have any supplement suggestions for Crim Pro and Crim Adjudication? The E&Es are freakin terrible. TIA.

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm

jaudette wrote:
Grad_Student wrote:

Business Associations
Securities Regulation

Is that just because its an easy organization of a huge amount of information, or is there some other reason?
That's right.

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:48 pm

underdawg wrote:corps is all caselaw dude even if it is statute-based. the bainbridge was pretty good. corps e&e was alright
What's the bainbridge?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”