Resume

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jpla

Resume

Postby jpla » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Now that I am in law school, I need to update my resume. Any tips for making a law student resume? I searched Google and couldn't find anything explicitly law school related. Any links or threads? Thanks.

Corsair

Re: Resume

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:00 am

Other25BeforeYou

Postby Other25BeforeYou » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:49 am

Corsair wrote:Googled "law school resume"

This was the first result: http://www.top-law-schools.com/law-school-resume.html

That's advice for your resume for applying to law school, though. Once in law school, things change. You no longer want to "include all undergraduate awards, distinctions, and recognitions."

Your career services office probably has advice and sample resumes, or it's easy to google other law schools' career services offices and find their resume advice.

Here's Cornell's: http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/career ... Resume.cfm

jpla

Postby jpla » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 pm

I went to my law school career services. It's a little annoying that (apparently) they are not allowed to give you any advice until November 1, says the bar association. Anyways, while ignoring their little speech, I searched their wall of handouts and found a few for law school student resume's with many different variants, like legal experience, no legal experience, etc. If anyone needs any help, let me know.

California Babe

Postby California Babe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Harvard's resume sample bank. (LinkRemoved)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”