0 motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

0 motivation

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Now that I know how to prep for exams, I can't bring myself to do anything more principled than play Bejeweled Blitz during class.

jnorsky
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby jnorsky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

how do you prep for exams? I am a 1L and i cant pay attention in class. i go to your school btw

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm

jnorsky wrote:how do you prep for exams? I am a 1L and i cant pay attention in class. i go to your school btw

I personally read the book, make my own outlines, then do practice exams. That process doesn't take 13 weeks and doesn't require me to be in class.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: 0 motivation

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
jnorsky wrote:how do you prep for exams? I am a 1L and i cant pay attention in class. i go to your school btw

I personally read the book, make my own outlines, then do practice exams. That process doesn't take 13 weeks and doesn't require me to be in class.

Wait. People read the book?

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
jnorsky wrote:how do you prep for exams? I am a 1L and i cant pay attention in class. i go to your school btw

I personally read the book, make my own outlines, then do practice exams. That process doesn't take 13 weeks and doesn't require me to be in class.

Wait. People read the book?

I'm old-fashioned.

270910
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:10 pm

--LinkRemoved--

rynabrius
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby rynabrius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

I just got my Blitz score on my iPhone up to 400,000. Pretty good, but since it's on the phone I can't use the elite technique. Of course, I don't use boosts.

My Bejeweled Twist blitz score is >1.6million.

RP1983
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby RP1983 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 am

You are taking exams already?

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby calicocat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:33 am

RP1983 wrote:You are taking exams already?

That was some great RC

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 0 motivation

Postby joobacca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:20 pm

I totally agree with OP. I can't really focus during class. I can't get myself to do the readings seriously. I know a hornbook will explain it all very well and then I can take a ton of practice exams.

What I'm confused about is that some 2Ls seem as motivated (at this stage) as they were during 1L

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:24 pm

joobacca wrote:I totally agree with OP. I can't really focus during class. I can't get myself to do the readings seriously. I know a hornbook will explain it all very well and then I can take a ton of practice exams.

What I'm confused about is that some 2Ls seem as motivated (at this stage) as they were during 1L

SCOTUS clerkship crowd maybe? They can't risk even one A-.

User avatar
joobacca
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

Re: 0 motivation

Postby joobacca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
joobacca wrote:I totally agree with OP. I can't really focus during class. I can't get myself to do the readings seriously. I know a hornbook will explain it all very well and then I can take a ton of practice exams.

What I'm confused about is that some 2Ls seem as motivated (at this stage) as they were during 1L

SCOTUS clerkship crowd maybe? They can't risk even one A-.

haha i don't think anyone's getting a SCOTUS clerkship where i go

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23645
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby chup » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 pm

joobacca wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
joobacca wrote:I totally agree with OP. I can't really focus during class. I can't get myself to do the readings seriously. I know a hornbook will explain it all very well and then I can take a ton of practice exams.

What I'm confused about is that some 2Ls seem as motivated (at this stage) as they were during 1L

SCOTUS clerkship crowd maybe? They can't risk even one A-.

haha i don't think anyone's getting a SCOTUS clerkship where i go

Never underestimate how much Clarence Thomas hates "elites."

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18406
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 pm


User avatar
skoobily doobily
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby skoobily doobily » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:40 pm


User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: 0 motivation

Postby clintonius » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:05 pm

disco_barred wrote:http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

Oh you motherfucker.

User avatar
Ford Prefect
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby Ford Prefect » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 pm


User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 0 motivation

Postby MTal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Now that I know how to prep for exams, I can't bring myself to do anything more principled than play Bejeweled Blitz during class.


How'd you end up doing?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412 and 9 guests