MPRE on Friday/When will MPRE Scores likely be released?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
chompchain

New

Re: MPRE on Friday

Post by chompchain » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:09 am

so after finishing how does everyone feel? I thought it was harder than expected. Curious to see if this was because I didn't study enough or if this was the general consensus.

Arrow

Bronze

Post by Arrow » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:25 am

chompchain wrote:so after finishing how does everyone feel? I thought it was harder than expected. Curious to see if this was because I didn't study enough or if this was the general consensus.
I thought it was harder too. It felt like one of those Kaplan quizzes instead of the Barbri ones. Hopefully it will be a generous curve, because I definitely feel like I failed it.

LurkerNoMore

Bronze

Post by LurkerNoMore » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 am

Everyone always walks out feeling like that. Pretty much everyone ends up passing by a wide margin. Don't give it another thought.

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Arrow wrote:
chompchain wrote:so after finishing how does everyone feel? I thought it was harder than expected. Curious to see if this was because I didn't study enough or if this was the general consensus.
I thought it was harder too. It felt like one of those Kaplan quizzes instead of the Barbri ones. Hopefully it will be a generous curve, because I definitely feel like I failed it.
Same here. It was pretty difficult at times and then some questions were stupid easy

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 am

Is it bad that I started not caring towards the end. The last two questions, I just wanted to be done. I'm so sick of thinking!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:09 am

lishi wrote:Is it bad that I started not caring towards the end. The last two questions, I just wanted to be done. I'm so sick of thinking!
lol I didn't cry but I thought to myself with about 5 questions left "is this fucking over yet?"

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:21 am

good I'm glad it's not just me. I can't even imagine how long the bar exam will feel when taking it

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:31 am

What state are taking it in lishi? I'll be taking the Texas one and it lasts 3 days :(

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am

California, so it is also three long excruciating days :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:25 pm

In my not reading craze, I've done a little configuring. The Nov. MPRE last year was Nov. 8th, and scores came out Dec. 7th. Ours was Aug 6th so it should drop Sept 6th or next monday BUT since it's Labor day, it will come out on Friday

sdhockey09

New

When will MPRE Scores likely be released??

Post by sdhockey09 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 pm

For those that have taken the MPRE in the past- About how long did it take for you to receive your scores? For those that took the Exam August 6th, it is coming up on nearly 4 weeks. What is a typical wait time on these scores? It seems like it should not take that long since it is a multiple choice exam. Thanks.

king3780

Bronze

Re: When will MPRE Scores likely be released??

Post by king3780 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

sdhockey09 wrote:For those that have taken the MPRE in the past- About how long did it take for you to receive your scores? For those that took the Exam August 6th, it is coming up on nearly 4 weeks. What is a typical wait time on these scores? It seems like it should not take that long since it is a multiple choice exam. Thanks.
Five weeks is supposedly the standard.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 am

Yeah I didn't plan on freaking out till next week, but I'm flexible on that if someone has "inside" information

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 am

oooh I was just saying in the other thread that I didn't plan on freaking out till next Monday, but with "inside" information I would start sooner.

Begin freak out!!

Do they just send us an email saying we can check our scores? Or are there mysterious checked boxes that we can use to panic every time we refresh the page?

sdhockey09

New

Post by sdhockey09 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 pm

I know they had said up to five weeks, so I got curious and did some digging and it appears that scores in the past have been released on the Monday or Tuesday of what will be the 5th week...which for this most recent test will be next Mon/Tues. How this takes nearly five weeks to complete is beyond me. I guess between Transcript processing through LSAC, LOR's from writers, processing of applications, decision letters, LSAT scores, law school grades, etc. we should be used to the waiting game by now...but a lot/most of us are not.

Jordan77

Bronze

Post by Jordan77 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 pm

I took the MPRE last August (7th?) and received an email that my score was ready on September 8.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 pm

I stopped thinking about it, conveniently blocking it out of my mind. But now I'm freaking out. What if I don't pass?? AHHHH

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sdhockey09

New

Post by sdhockey09 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 am

What do you guys think the chances are that we get the scores back today???

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Seeing as I didn't get mine, I'd say zero :D

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:31 am

Is today the day? Last time I checked, the main part of the MPRE site is down.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm

uh oh it's like the LSAT. Are dots and dashes good or bad?? I still haven't gotten an email so I don't know!

Has anyone gotten an email?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sdhockey09

New

Post by sdhockey09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 pm

I had heard that some people got their scores (in the past) by checking the site and that this was before they got the actual email that their score was ready. I think this should be the day. It seems that it is the Monday or Tuesday of the fifth week, so I am hoping that it is out today. There is really no reason why it should not be. Time will tell.

sdhockey09

New

Post by sdhockey09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm

I just spoke to a guy over the phone with MPRE that said the scores will be out by the end of the week, but he has not gotten the date yet. So I guess it could be today or not. Wow.

Athen

New

Post by Athen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm

The exams are scored. I have already received a letter from the Colorado Board saying I may practice as soon as I register and meet the CO Supremes. As I only had the MPRE requirement left before I could practice, they must have received the scores far ahead of us.

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 pm

I just combined the two MPRE threads because I didn't want to go back and forth saying the same stuff.

What is the website where we can check to see if it is up?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”