MPRE on Friday/When will MPRE Scores likely be released??

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

MPRE on Friday/When will MPRE Scores likely be released??

Postby Grad_Student » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 pm

I'll be in Austin taking it. Who else is taking it and is slightly freaked out?

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Corsair » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:20 pm

..

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Grad_Student » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Corsair wrote:
Grad_Student wrote:I'll be in Austin taking it. Who else is taking it and is slightly freaked out?


If you have already taken an ethics/PR class, 8 hours of skimming an outline is enough prep. It is really easy.

I took PR this past semester. The BarBri outline is pretty good then I try the questions and muff them.

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby nealric » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Compared to the bar, the mpre is like a Friday math quiz you had in 3rd grade.

Study for ~8hrs an you will pass with plenty of room to spare.

User avatar
Arrow
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Arrow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 am

How much studying do you recommend if you have not taken a PR class?

LurkerNoMore
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 am

Arrow wrote:How much studying do you recommend if you have not taken a PR class?

Barbri video + reading through the short outline + 3 practice tests = way too much studying (but should be enough to make yourself pretty confident that you'll pass)

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 am

I'm nervous grad student! I plan on going through the lecture today, the bar bri book tomorrow, and then spend Wednesday and Thursday reviewing my notes/outlines and taking practice tests. It also doesn't help that my state requires the highest passing score.

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

For people that have already taken the MPRE, do you find that you have too much, just enough, or too little time to complete the exam?

LurkerNoMore
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 am

lishi wrote:For people that have already taken the MPRE, do you find that you have too much, just enough, or too little time to complete the exam?


I was done in just under an hour. They give you way more time than you need.

LurkerNoMore
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

lishi wrote:I'm nervous grad student! I plan on going through the lecture today, the bar bri book tomorrow, and then spend Wednesday and Thursday reviewing my notes/outlines and taking practice tests. It also doesn't help that my state requires the highest passing score.


You shouldn't need anything more than the short outline in the Barbri book.

Also, I wouldn't bother with notes/outlines from PR. Just take the practice tests and go over the answers you missed. The highest required passing score still lets you miss close to 40% of the questions.

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:04 pm

LurkerNoMore wrote:
lishi wrote:For people that have already taken the MPRE, do you find that you have too much, just enough, or too little time to complete the exam?


I was done in just under an hour. They give you way more time than you need.


Do they let you leave, or do you have to stay there the whole 2 hours??

LurkerNoMore wrote:
You shouldn't need anything more than the short outline in the Barbri book.

Also, I wouldn't bother with notes/outlines from PR. Just take the practice tests and go over the answers you missed. The highest required passing score still lets you miss close to 40% of the questions.


I meant the outline by Cherminsky and the notes I take from his lecture

LurkerNoMore
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:10 pm

My place let me leave. Not sure if that is standard -- they were really lax on everything.

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 am

..

Tsispilos
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Tsispilos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 pm

I just took the Themis practice MPRE test. It said I got 68% right, but didn't give a scaled score. It just said the "required" score is 70%. But I didn't tell it my jurisdiction, so I don't know how it could have known my "required score." My state requires a relatively low score to pass. Now I'm really nervous but I don't know whether my nervousness is justified..

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Where did you get this Themis MPRE test with the score??

I'm nervous too. Grad are you signed up for BarBri? Did you listen to the Cherimensky lecture

User avatar
Arrow
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Arrow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:14 pm

lishi wrote:Where did you get this Themis MPRE test with the score??

I'm nervous too. Grad are you signed up for BarBri? Did you listen to the Cherimensky lecture


Did anyone find the Kaplan questions to be fairly hard? I'm scoring like 55-65%, and I feel like I should be getting 70+ on the practice exams. Ugh.

Tsispilos
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Tsispilos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:19 pm

lishi wrote:Where did you get this Themis MPRE test with the score??

I'm nervous too. Grad are you signed up for BarBri? Did you listen to the Cherimensky lecture


themisbar.com

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Grad_Student » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 pm

lishi wrote:Where did you get this Themis MPRE test with the score??

I'm nervous too. Grad are you signed up for BarBri? Did you listen to the Cherimensky lecture

I signed up through Kaplan since it was free. I watched the BarBri video on Saturday with friends. Then watched Kaplan video...the same shit.

Arrow wrote:
lishi wrote:Where did you get this Themis MPRE test with the score??

I'm nervous too. Grad are you signed up for BarBri? Did you listen to the Cherimensky lecture


Did anyone find the Kaplan questions to be fairly hard? I'm scoring like 55-65%, and I feel like I should be getting 70+ on the practice exams. Ugh.

YES YES YES! I take a kaplan practice exam and score around 60% then I take a previous MPRE practice quiz and score 90%...I hate this exam

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Oh gosh this thread is just making more nervous. I feel like I'm in an LSAT thread all over again

User avatar
lishi
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby lishi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:01 am

Is there a way to take themis... without registering and paying? Or is it only for those that have signed up for this course?

sdhockey09
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby sdhockey09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:12 am

Hey all,

I have been taking the MPRE practice tests out of the Bar/Bri book and after doing two, have managed in the high 60s% right on both of them. Does anyone have any idea of if something like 40 out of 60 and 41 out of 60 are considered good scores? This whole process is kind of odd because everything you look at says, "anything more than 2 days of study is too much" and there is also no scales to be had anywhere online that I can find. I am just trying to figure out how many you need to get right for a scaled score of 80. I feel sort of ridiculous.

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Grad_Student » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:12 am

lishi wrote:Is there a way to take themis... without registering and paying? Or is it only for those that have signed up for this course?

You can register and it's free

sdhockey09
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby sdhockey09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 am

Grad_Student,

Do you know anything about where to figure out how many you need (approximately) to get a certain score?

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby Grad_Student » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 am

sdhockey09 wrote:Grad_Student,

Do you know anything about where to figure out how many you need (approximately) to get a certain score?

The BarBri video says that a score between 32-34 out of the 60 (but remember 10 don't count) is enough for even the highest score requirement. It is around 70%. I know the average is 100 out of a 150 point scale. All the math boggles my mind.

sdhockey09
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: MPRE on Friday

Postby sdhockey09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 am

Grad_Student wrote:
sdhockey09 wrote:Grad_Student,

Do you know anything about where to figure out how many you need (approximately) to get a certain score?

The BarBri video says that a score between 32-34 out of the 60 (but remember 10 don't count) is enough for even the highest score requirement. It is around 70%. I know the average is 100 out of a 150 point scale. All the math boggles my mind.


The thing that boggles my mind the most, is that the highest score required is allegedly a 90 on the scale, yet the mean score is around a 100. By that information, if you are "below average" you are golden.

Hmmm...so I guess getting 40 out of 60 right should put me at ease. For some reason it is the night before the exam and I am starting to become concerned that I need to put in a long long day tomorrow.
Last edited by sdhockey09 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArtistOfManliness and 14 guests