when to drop out, if you think you're going to

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
romothesavior

Re: when to drop out, if you think you're going to

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:04 am

One last comment ITT, I promise...

I had a lunch with a group of 5-6 lawyers earlier in the summer. As we went around the table, each one offered their opinion on law school. One would say, "I loved law school!" the next said, "I hated law school" and so on. I think it was like an even split between who liked it and who didn't. Their opinions differed on how they felt about LS, but they all seemed to enjoy their jobs. So I'd say before you make a decision, you should decide whether it is law school that you hate, or if it is the profession as a whole that turns you off.

Just a thought.

GrapeApe

Postby GrapeApe » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm

I absolutely despise law "school" and the legal "profession." Yet, I am sticking it out, because I have a use for the J.D. (although it doesn't involve the practice of law.) As you get into it, you'll find it easy to get used to. Especially if you do like I did and turn down law review and refuse to participate in any extracurricular activities at all. A lot of the pressure later on comes from piling a whole lot of extracurricular activities into your schedule. If you just go for the Lulz, and use the opportunity to mock the legal "profession" at every turn, you might even find it mildly amusing.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 pm

GrapeApe wrote:I absolutely despise law "school" and the legal "profession." Yet, I am sticking it out, because I have a use for the J.D. (although it doesn't involve the practice of law.) As you get into it, you'll find it easy to get used to. Especially if you do like I did and turn down law review and refuse to participate in any extracurricular activities at all. A lot of the pressure later on comes from piling a whole lot of extracurricular activities into your schedule. If you just go for the Lulz, and use the opportunity to mock the legal "profession" at every turn, you might even find it mildly amusing.

Police officers... the only profession that is more self-important than lawyers.

firemed

Postby firemed » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Police officers... the only profession that is more self-important than lawyers.

+1

Though firefighters and physicians might give them a run for their money.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”