Any New Stories of Prof Picking on a Student?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
GoodToBeTheKing

Any New Stories of Prof Picking on a Student?

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:01 pm

I sometimes feel bad for the guy in class who gets torn a new one by the prof. But, then again, the fool should have done the reading!

Anyone got any stories so far?

This one guy in my class didn't know what Plaintiff in Error was so the Prof handed him Black's Law Dictionary and had him look up the word and tell the class what it was. 100 person class too.

manbearwig

Re: Any New Stories of Prof Picking on a Student?

Postby manbearwig » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:24 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:I sometimes feel bad for the guy in class who gets torn a new one by the prof. But, then again, the fool should have done the reading!

Anyone got any stories so far?

This one guy in my class didn't know what Plaintiff in Error was so the Prof handed him Black's Law Dictionary and had him look up the word and tell the class what it was. 100 person class too.

I have a prof who's brought out Black's a few times so far. However, he's really funny about it and gets all excited. He's the same prof who made a guy read a portion of a case out loud, making him start over a few times for not being dramatic enough.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”