Restatements available online?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTH

Restatements available online?

Postby TTH » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

My K's professor assigned a section out of the Restatement, but the restatement was not an assigned text. Is it available through WestLaw or Lexis or do I need to waddle my fat ass down to the library in the rain?

cendien

Re: Restatements available online?

Postby cendien » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:56 pm

TTH wrote:My K's professor assigned a section out of the Restatement, but the restatement was not an assigned text. Is it available through WestLaw or Lexis or do I need to waddle my fat ass down to the library in the rain?

My K syllabus says that the Restatement should be available through both lexis and westlaw. No idea how to get to it yet, though.

motownsaint

Postby motownsaint » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:35 pm

On Westlaw, go to your main Law School tab. Below the Terms & Connectors search box, there should be several databases (Cases, Statutes, Secondary Sources, etc.). Somewhere down there (on mine it's below Secondary Sources), there's a database section called Popular Resources. In that section at the top is "Restatements of the Law," and it should contain most -- if not all -- the influential Restatements. Click on "Table of Contents" to browse them manually.

TTH

Postby TTH » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 pm

motownsaint wrote:On Westlaw, go to your main Law School tab. Below the Terms & Connectors search box, there should be several databases (Cases, Statutes, Secondary Sources, etc.). Somewhere down there (on mine it's below Secondary Sources), there's a database section called Popular Resources. In that section at the top is "Restatements of the Law," and it should contain most -- if not all -- the influential Restatements. Click on "Table of Contents" to browse them manually.

I found that an hour after starting the topic and was too ashamed to come back.

So, for the record, I'm an idiot.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”