Law Review Note Topics

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Welp2277

Law Review Note Topics

Postby Welp2277 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Anyone want to give me ideas for my law review note?

seyhey0

Re: Law Review Note Topics

Postby seyhey0 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Step 1: Find a professor that (1) you either connected well with, or (2) specializes in a topic that you like and wouldn't mind writing about.

Step 2: Ask that professor if he/she knows any good topics that they might be willing to suggest.

More often than not, they'll be happy to help. And if one professor says no, try a second. It won't take long to find a topic.

chup

Postby chup » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:30 pm

You know how in every single casebook ever printed in the history of the universe, there are notes after the cases that basically say "Some courts have said x [citations]; others have said y [more citations]"?

Start there.

Welp2277

Postby Welp2277 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm

chup wrote:You know how in every single casebook ever printed in the history of the universe, there are notes after the cases that basically say "Some courts have said x [citations]; others have said y [more citations]"?

Start there.

Yes. I am aware they are there and I have looked. Kinda just throwing some things around at this point. My question was whether or not anyone wanted to give me some note ideas, and you obviously do not.

chup

Postby chup » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Welp2277 wrote:
chup wrote:You know how in every single casebook ever printed in the history of the universe, there are notes after the cases that basically say "Some courts have said x [citations]; others have said y [more citations]"?

Start there.

Yes. I am aware they are there and I have looked. Kinda just throwing some things around at this point. My question was whether or not anyone wanted to give me some note ideas, and you obviously do not.

TCR is do what is interesting to you. Follow your nose, not someone else's. Otherwise you'll find it difficult to summon the energy/will to actually grind the thing out.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”