One Note Templates

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

One Note Templates

Postby tram988 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Anyone have some good onenote templates for their classes? I'm looking for some inspiration and perhaps others are as well.


I'm also wondering if anyone uses the LEEWS method of note-taking (dividing the page into thirds, the first third for a quick brief and the other two-thirds for in-class notes.)

User avatar
jp0094
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: One Note Templates

Postby jp0094 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Templates? Hmm, no. My onenote is setup as such - each notebook is a class, within each notebook are three sections. 3 sections are class notes, briefs, and outline.


User avatar
Matlock31
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: One Note Templates

Postby Matlock31 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 pm

jp0094 wrote:Templates? Hmm, no. My onenote is setup as such - each notebook is a class, within each notebook are three sections. 3 sections are class notes, briefs, and outline.


I started off this way last year. I ended up just briefing and taking class notes in the same tab. I created my outlines in microsoft word using a self-created "quick style." I found it to be easier (especially when outlining) to have class notes and briefs in the same tab rather than flipping.

User avatar
username1
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: One Note Templates

Postby username1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:10 pm

I really like the template for civil litigation, that is cool but for LS, I agree with this:

"Each notebook is a class, within each notebook are three sections. 3 sections are class notes, briefs, and outline."

You dont really need a template. Also I smile when the people around me open a new word document for each case, class, etc... If they only knew the wonders of onenote. Or maybe they do?

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: One Note Templates

Postby traehekat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 am

username1 wrote:I really like the template for civil litigation, that is cool but for LS, I agree with this:

"Each notebook is a class, within each notebook are three sections. 3 sections are class notes, briefs, and outline."

You dont really need a template. Also I smile when the people around me open a new word document for each case, class, etc... If they only knew the wonders of onenote. Or maybe they do?


I haven't noticed/ran into many people yet at my school who use OneNote. They all marvel at its majesty when they see me using it.

But yeah, OP it isn't too complicated. I have one notebook for this semester, a section group for each class, and a section for lecture notes, briefs, outline, and readings.

wpc1532
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: One Note Templates

Postby wpc1532 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:15 am

traehekat wrote:
username1 wrote:I really like the template for civil litigation, that is cool but for LS, I agree with this:

"Each notebook is a class, within each notebook are three sections. 3 sections are class notes, briefs, and outline."

You dont really need a template. Also I smile when the people around me open a new word document for each case, class, etc... If they only knew the wonders of onenote. Or maybe they do?


I haven't noticed/ran into many people yet at my school who use OneNote. They all marvel at its majesty when they see me using it.

But yeah, OP it isn't too complicated. I have one notebook for this semester, a section group for each class, and a section for lecture notes, briefs, outline, and readings.

Thank you. I've only recently found the wonders of OneNote but I'm going to give this section/subsection thing a go.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 7 guests