. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dresden doll

Platinum

Re: Putting "Law" in Facebook Interests - Douchy???

Post by dresden doll » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:01 pm

horriblegb wrote:I think it is douchey for someone who has met no one in their class to ask everyone to be there friend on facebook. Received an invite for this yesterday. What a douche
Yeah, it's not like you'll soon be meeting that person IRL or anything.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

dresden doll wrote:
horriblegb wrote:I think it is douchey for someone who has met no one in their class to ask everyone to be there friend on facebook. Received an invite for this yesterday. What a douche
Yeah, it's not like you'll soon be meeting that person IRL or anything.
true, but I already know I dont like them . . i guess that makes me the douche :) I am a real fb minimalist, I love deleting people haha

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:Law school doesn't teach law. Law school allegedly teaches a mode of reasoning that allows one to learn and apply the law. You only begin to learn the law when you study for the bar, pass the bar, and begin working as a lawyer. It's not my fault you don't know what I'm talking about.
So, nobody can legitimately be interested in law until after passing the bar and working as a lawyer?
A lot of people ITT seem to be belaboring under the mistaken assumption that anybody cares?
+1 why does a title with douchy in it, attract so many douches?

including myself :lol:

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

DeSimone wrote:I've noticed that in the small (so far) sample of my fellow 1L Facebook friends, many put "Law" as one of their interests, if not the first one.

Seems a little on the douchebag-a-delic side to me. Your take?
I just got a link for my section's Facebook group. I think I'll pass or create another account. More likely pass on the invite.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
DeSimone wrote:I've noticed that in the small (so far) sample of my fellow 1L Facebook friends, many put "Law" as one of their interests, if not the first one.

I just got a link for my section's Facebook group.
Good! At the very least you and I are in different sections.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

christmas mouse

New

Post by christmas mouse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 pm

well if your spending 50+ hours a week on something it isn't crazy to call it an interest. is it douchy? depends on the purpose behind the posting, therefore its reasonable to infer that if you put it on your facebook page OP yes it would be extremely douchy, if i or anyone else who thinks this topic is silly did it, than no not douchy.

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm

christmas mouse wrote:well if your spending 50+ hours a week on something it isn't crazy to call it an interest. is it douchy? depends on the purpose behind the posting, therefore its reasonable to infer that if you put it on your facebook page OP yes it would be extremely douchy, if i or anyone else who thinks this topic is silly did it, than no not douchy.
Haven't you been reading this thread? If you had, you would know that you can't legitimately be interested in law until after you graduate and get some work experience, because law school doesn't teach job skills the same way that medical school does.

christmas mouse

New

Post by christmas mouse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

lol actually your right i didnt read much more than the first few posts, but i disagree. law isnt just a job, its a way of life. its why you wake up at 4 am and drive 100 miles to just to get a piece of those gnarly swells, its why whenever you eat peaches your face and hands end up covered in the sweet sweet juices.... you get the picture.

--ImageRemoved--

that is the law

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm

christmas mouse wrote:lol actually your right i didnt read much more than the first few posts, but i disagree. law isnt just a job, its a way of life. its why you wake up at 4 am and drive 100 miles to just to get a piece of those gnarly swells, its why whenever you eat peaches your face and hands end up covered in the sweet sweet juices.... you get the picture.

--ImageRemoved--

that is the law
I'm not sure I understand your post, yet I feel... inspired.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

appaws

New

Post by appaws » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Being on Facebook = Douchy.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 pm

appaws wrote:Being on Facebook = Douchy.
--ImageRemoved--

Tatiana Mendez

New

Post by Tatiana Mendez » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 pm

People do this?!

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 pm

Tatiana Mendez wrote:
People do this?!

An attention whore does haha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:15 am

Meh. I'm not annoyed by law students who are interested in the law. To me, that's logical. The ones that annoy me are the law students who do nothing but complain about law school. What the fuck did you people expect we'd be learning about? Medicine?

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:13 am

Answer: If they are a douche and do it, then it is douchy. If they aren't a douche (or by extension a douche-nozzle) then no it isn't douchy. Q.E.D.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:30 am

DeSimone wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:

I just got a link for my section's Facebook group.
Good! At the very least you and I are in different sections.
What would happen if we would have received the same link?

christmas mouse

New

Post by christmas mouse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

Adjudicator wrote:
christmas mouse wrote:lol actually your right i didnt read much more than the first few posts, but i disagree. law isnt just a job, its a way of life. its why you wake up at 4 am and drive 100 miles to just to get a piece of those gnarly swells, its why whenever you eat peaches your face and hands end up covered in the sweet sweet juices.... you get the picture.

--ImageRemoved--

that is the law
I'm not sure I understand your post, yet I feel... inspired.

haha yea to be honest i dont really get it either.... but i definitely felt inspired while posting it

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:25 pm

--ImageRemoved--

that is the law
Over/under on the number of weeks before Mr. Mouse's nervous breakdown? I'd set it at nine and I'd take the under.

Welp2277

New

Post by Welp2277 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:43 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Is it douchey to bitch on a law student forum about law students who claim they're interested in law?
TITCR

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 pm

SBL wrote:Meh. I'm not annoyed by law students who are interested in the law. To me, that's logical. The ones that annoy me are the law students who do nothing but complain about law school. What the fuck did you people expect we'd be learning about? Medicine?
+1... and it's not that hard.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

paratactical wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:Is it douchey to bitch on a law student forum about law students who claim they're interested in law?
If a douche acts douchey alone in a vat of douche where no one can hear, does he still drink jagerbombs?
Not now, chief.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

christmas mouse

New

Post by christmas mouse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:54 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

that is the law
Over/under on the number of weeks before Mr. Mouse's nervous breakdown? I'd set it at nine and I'd take the under.

Lol a solid burn... Well done.

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Facebook = Douchy

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”