Which law school course is most representative/useful

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
DMXdawg

Which law school course is most representative/useful

Postby DMXdawg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm

This is a weird question, but I want to know which individual (or two) law classes are most representative of law school. I get the feeling that torts and contracts are different animals from the other major classes, but I am not sure. Someone mentioned that legal writing is the most useful in terms of helping out with exam writing, but I doubt this point because I feel like legal writing and exam writing are completely different. Could someone please advise/help me on this question?

Duralex

Re: Which law school course is most representative/useful

Postby Duralex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:20 am

Question is nonsensical, really. But maybe remedies. In terms of connecting law to policy through application in practice. I've been told to take it by a few different people, who all make the point that it "ties everything together" or similar.

This post @ Volokh might the sort of info you're looking for:

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by Duralex on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

As a summer associate, I found myself referring to my Civil Procedure and Business Associations outlines most frequently as they closely pertained to a number of issues that I found myself working on.

BeautifulSW

Postby BeautifulSW » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 am

Definitely remedies. Best, most useful single course I took in three years, followed by evidence and legal ethics.

I really didn't waste much time in law school. I took largely Bar courses plus some tax and frankly, I think the school did a pretty good job preparing me for my first law job.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”