Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BarbellDreams

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 am

nooyyllib wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I am going to be late to class cause I decided to play more basketball in the morning than time allowed.

People at your school play pick up basketball in the morning?

We play pickup after class once in a while but since I have a park right outside my door I shoot hoops on days I dont go to the gym to lift weights in the mornings.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 am

I've never been so sad to have an interview before. Everyone else is off enjoying St. Patty's day, and I'm waiting by my phone, staring longingly, praying that the interviewer calls within the first hour of the three hour time span she gave me, so I don't miss the parade that I've missed four years in a row. Hope it's worth it.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:53 am

Ugh, guess I might as well try to get some of the, get this, double reading assignment my property professor told us about this morning, while I'm waiting.

stayway

Postby stayway » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I am going to be late to class cause I decided to play more basketball in the morning than time allowed.

People at your school play pick up basketball in the morning?

We play pickup after class once in a while but since I have a park right outside my door I shoot hoops on days I dont go to the gym to lift weights in the mornings.

That's awesome

solotee

Postby solotee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Working out is an awesome outlet to all this law schoolin.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:06 pm

solotee wrote:Working out is an awesome outlet to all this law schoolin.

YOU TRYIN TO GET BIG BRAH

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:02 pm

beach_terror wrote:

Idk, I 've done the gym thing since I was in highschool so its just something I am used to doing by now.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

Idk, I 've done the gym thing since I was in highschool so its just something I am used to doing by now.

A member of the law review here told me before I started 1L that if we have an hour of time and have to choose between doing the reading for class or exercising, to exercise. I thought they were insane, but am quickly coming around to that POV.

My cardio is done on an exercise bike while reading an E&E/hornbook and I listen to Sum and Substance or PMBR audiotapes while lifting so I never feel too guilty about it. Listening to Arthur Miller talk about personal jurisdiction while I do curls is much better than it sounds.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I've never been so sad to have an interview before. Everyone else is off enjoying St. Patty's day, and I'm waiting by my phone, staring longingly, praying that the interviewer calls within the first hour of the three hour time span she gave me, so I don't miss the parade that I've missed four years in a row. Hope it's worth it.

This is the second post of yours in as many days that's made me go, "Oh, hi me."

It's gorgeous out and the dude is late calling. It's totally fine if something came up, but my sister just came into town from across the country, and I could be hanging out with her in the city instead of sitting inside, waiting for the phone to ring.

solotee

Postby solotee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

beach_terror wrote:

Nah, just getting toned. I need supplements to get big, which I don't plan on taking.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 pm

solotee wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

Nah, just getting toned. I need supplements to get big, which I don't plan on taking.

Yeah I hear you. I take a preworkout supp and 2 double scoop shakes a day but that's it. If you guys like lifting, the fitness thread can always use some more testosterone.

solotee

Postby solotee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 pm

beach_terror wrote:
solotee wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

Yeah I hear you. I take a preworkout supp and 2 double scoop shakes a day but that's it. If you guys like lifting, the fitness thread can always use some more testosterone.

I'll be hanging out in the fitness thread once summer comes around 8)

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 pm

2nd Quarter: Done. Evidence, Con Law I, and Property can all go to hell; I'm off to Hawai'i.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Kretzy wrote:2nd Quarter: Done. Evidence, Con Law I, and Property can all go to hell; I'm off to Hawai'i.

Congrats! How did you feel about Con Law? Any chance I could coax you into sending me any outlines or things you found particularly helpful? This class is destroying me.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 pm

clintonius wrote:
Kretzy wrote:2nd Quarter: Done. Evidence, Con Law I, and Property can all go to hell; I'm off to Hawai'i.

Congrats! How did you feel about Con Law? Any chance I could coax you into sending me any outlines or things you found particularly helpful? This class is destroying me.

Happy to (though I don't feel great about that class, due more to the exam than my prep). PM'ed.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:33 am

Feels so good to be done. Vegas tomorrow, baby! We'll miss you there, Kretzy.

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 am

Found 3 stupid one-letter typos in my brief looking over it for oral argument practice. FUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I really enjoyed turning my memo in, then forgetting about it forever.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 am

Omerta wrote:Found 3 stupid one-letter typos in my brief looking over it for oral argument practice. FUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I really enjoyed turning my memo in, then forgetting about it forever.

when I turn my memos in I immediately close out of the word document out of fear of finding a typo.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Yell at me internet. I was supposed to AT least do all my reading til' Wens so I could work on my paper when I get my draft back. Instead, I've been hungover 3 days in a row, and half-heartedly read one property assignment. So mad at myself. I can't let myself slip.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:19 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Yell at me internet. I was supposed to AT least do all my reading til' Wens so I could work on my paper when I get my draft back. Instead, I've been hungover 3 days in a row, and half-heartedly read one property assignment. So mad at myself. I can't let myself slip.

We've had similar weekends it seems.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm

beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Yell at me internet. I was supposed to AT least do all my reading til' Wens so I could work on my paper when I get my draft back. Instead, I've been hungover 3 days in a row, and half-heartedly read one property assignment. So mad at myself. I can't let myself slip.

We've had similar weekends it seems.

Well, that's good at least. Fucking St. Patty's day, and then making a deal with my friend to go to a party with him, if he would come to one with me. I think it's time for pizza.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Every fucking pizza place is closed in Cleveland on Sunday. Sunday is always when I want pizza. Well, this is just annoying.

stayway

Postby stayway » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:04 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Every fucking pizza place is closed in Cleveland on Sunday. Sunday is always when I want pizza. Well, this is just annoying.

LOL

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Every fucking pizza place is closed in Cleveland on Sunday. Sunday is always when I want pizza. Well, this is just annoying.

Knowing Cleveland, this really doesn't surprise me, but seriously, why would pizza places be closed on Sundays? That's just absurd.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 pm

con law. I hate you. I don't really understand *where* abortion doctrine is after the 4 cases we went over since Roe, and have no clue how to put it into a practical outline for the test.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”