Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
snowpeach06

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 pm

After this motion is due. 2 weeks I think. I wanted to start this weekend, since I literally don't know anything. But, I've always been a last minute kind of person.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:After this motion is due. 2 weeks I think. I wanted to start this weekend, since I literally don't know anything. But, I've always been a last minute kind of person.

I was supposed to start over spring break. I accomplished a lot on monday and then accomplished nothing today..will have to make up for it tomorrow

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:50 pm

goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:After this motion is due. 2 weeks I think. I wanted to start this weekend, since I literally don't know anything. But, I've always been a last minute kind of person.

I was supposed to start over spring break. I accomplished a lot on monday and then accomplished nothing today..will have to make up for it tomorrow

People like you make me feel bad about myself.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 am

Just skimmed through my opponent's brief.

Giving me shivers. I hope I didn't screw up.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 am

nooyyllib wrote:Just skimmed through my opponent's brief.

Giving me shivers. I hope I didn't screw up.

1. fantastic tar

2. my opponent is going to lol, hard, when he sees my brief

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 am

Do profs actually dock a student's grade for being habitually late?

I've been lay to property way too often this semester. Fucking 8:50 class. :|

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 am

goosey wrote:when are you guys starting hardcore studying

I am turning it up next week. I am gone this weekend to see a friend in DC so that will be my last fun weekend for the semester. Appellate brief was due this monday so I feel like I am so sleep-deprived that I am barely getting through the assigned reading this week. In the fall a month to month and a half before finals I started staying in the library till 9 or 10 each day, seemed to work well so I am doing it again.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:

Why?

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 am

What the general opinion on spending the summer as a professor's RA?

I fee like I'm gonna be striking out with law firms/clerkships, so an RA is better than nothing, right?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:What the general opinion on spending the summer as a professor's RA?

I fee like I'm gonna be striking out with law firms/clerkships, so an RA is better than nothing, right?

At this point you take whatever is offered.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:32 pm

goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:

Why?

I am just overall a "bad" law student. It's kind of a miracle I did as well as I did (not amazing, but, I'm in the top 25ish%). I don't take notes on reading, I don't pay attention in class, I started studying maybe 2 weeks before finals, and even when I do study, it's not all day every day. I get quite distracted. Then I see all these other people doing the things that good law students do, and getting better grades than me, and I think I should do that stuff, and I try to do that stuff, and it just doesn't wind up sticking.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
I am just overall a "bad" law student. It's kind of a miracle I did as well as I did (not amazing, but, I'm in the top 25ish%). I don't take notes on reading, I don't pay attention in class, I started studying maybe 2 weeks before finals, and even when I do study, it's not all day every day. I get quite distracted. Then I see all these other people doing the things that good law students do, and getting better grades than me, and I think I should do that stuff, and I try to do that stuff, and it just doesn't wind up sticking.

you got better grades than me, buddy.

I am between top 35-40% based on an estimate. TLS says that top 40 cut off at my school is 3.21...I have I 3.26....tenths and hundreds usually make a big difference but I am going to venture to say that highest up I can possibly be is 35% and I did a lot of work last semester.

I am a loser this semester. I am behind in all my outlines...I never take notes on my reading [basically just read/highlite and take notes in class] and havent done any practice questions or tried applying the law we learned thus far. Need to step it up before I lose my scholarship

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Outlining Con Law is officially driving me insane. No matter how much I do, there still seems to be more. And its not like torts last semester where everything was snappy since each case had one main rule and you could just keep moving. Here, I have to feel out the nuances and really grind through it to feel like my outline means something. What a spring break.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:30 pm

goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:

I am between top 35-40% based on an estimate. TLS says that top 40 cut off at my school is 3.21...I have I 3.26....tenths and hundreds usually make a big difference but I am going to venture to say that highest up I can possibly be is 35% and I did a lot of work last semester.

I am a loser this semester. I am behind in all my outlines...I never take notes on my reading [basically just read/highlite and take notes in class] and havent done any practice questions or tried applying the law we learned thus far. Need to step it up before I lose my scholarship

Trust me... I think it'll be quite easy for me to fuck it up this semester, get straight C's and lose my scholarship as well. No one but those at the very top are safe, I think. I remember one of my best friends horror stories about being top 1 or 2 % his first semester, and not even cracking a 3.0 his second semester because he got so lazy. Wanna make a pact to start working harder or something? Anonymous internet encouragement!

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:

Trust me... I think it'll be quite easy for me to fuck it up this semester, get straight C's and lose my scholarship as well. No one but those at the very top are safe, I think. I remember one of my best friends horror stories about being top 1 or 2 % his first semester, and not even cracking a 3.0 his second semester because he got so lazy. Wanna make a pact to start working harder or something? Anonymous internet encouragement!

deal.

I have gotten really lazy too. I have weddingitis. Its so hard to focus on school because my wedding is like 3 months away. Its horrible. And also, I am just lazy haha.

but yes, its time to step it up...I am all for anonymous internet encouragement.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 pm

goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:

deal.

I have gotten really lazy too. I have weddingitis. Its so hard to focus on school because my wedding is like 3 months away. Its horrible. And also, I am just lazy haha.

but yes, its time to step it up...I am all for anonymous internet encouragement.

Aww, a wedding. No wonder you can't concentrate! Planning stuff like that is kind of all-consuming. Props for even remotely keeping up with everything. And congrats! Do you have a dress?

Anyway, you now have full permission to be horribly, horribly mean to me, and remind me that I will fail at life, whenver I'm getting lazy.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:17 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Aww, a wedding. No wonder you can't concentrate! Planning stuff like that is kind of all-consuming. Props for even remotely keeping up with everything. And congrats! Do you have a dress?

Anyway, you now have full permission to be horribly, horribly mean to me, and remind me that I will fail at life, whenver I'm getting lazy.

yeah same goes for you. Here is my goal for Monday and if its not done, cyber-stab me: I need to be up to date with my K's outline, have my reading for the week done up until at least Wednesday, and I have to take a practice K's test. I have all day after 1 pm tomorrow, after 3 on wednesday, and all day Saturday and Sunday to accomplish this. If I dont, I am a huge failure.

oh and yes, I have a dress. I have two actually :) Because our weddings are two days haha. woohoo

geekrocker37

Postby geekrocker37 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:

This is not reassuring :(

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 am

goosey wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Aww, a wedding. No wonder you can't concentrate! Planning stuff like that is kind of all-consuming. Props for even remotely keeping up with everything. And congrats! Do you have a dress?

yeah same goes for you. Here is my goal for Monday and if its not done, cyber-stab me: I need to be up to date with my K's outline, have my reading for the week done up until at least Wednesday, and I have to take a practice K's test. I have all day after 1 pm tomorrow, after 3 on wednesday, and all day Saturday and Sunday to accomplish this. If I dont, I am a huge failure.

oh and yes, I have a dress. I have two actually :) Because our weddings are two days haha. woohoo

Geeze. No St. Patty's day celebration? Lofty goal, but you have enough time. My sole goal for this weekend is to do my reading for up to wens. It's my last weekend of fun before the actual studying starts. I think I have something every night: Parade, law school/med school malpractice mixer then a cocktail party. Then it'll take me like 3 weeks to reach where you already are. P.S - K's E&E is the most amazing thing ever, if you aren't already reading it. Saved my ass.

I would get two cuse I can't decide. So many different styles are awesome.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 am

dakatz wrote:Outlining Con Law is officially driving me insane. No matter how much I do, there still seems to be more. And its not like torts last semester where everything was snappy since each case had one main rule and you could just keep moving. Here, I have to feel out the nuances and really grind through it to feel like my outline means something. What a spring break.

Get an old outline for your prof. I'm not even going to try to outline ConLaw from scratch. I'll just tinker with and update the old one until it fits my needs :lol:.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 am

keg411 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Outlining Con Law is officially driving me insane. No matter how much I do, there still seems to be more. And its not like torts last semester where everything was snappy since each case had one main rule and you could just keep moving. Here, I have to feel out the nuances and really grind through it to feel like my outline means something. What a spring break.

Get an old outline for your prof. I'm not even going to try to outline ConLaw from scratch. I'll just tinker with and update the old one until it fits my needs :lol:.

no old outlines or practice tests in a single class i'm in this semester. fml.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:54 am

It's 2 am, I have a final in Property in 10 hours, and am playing online poker... :shock: I just honestly can't bring myself to care about the RAP, zoning, or regulatory takings anymore.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 am

snowpeach06 wrote:
goosey wrote:

Geeze. No St. Patty's day celebration? Lofty goal, but you have enough time. My sole goal for this weekend is to do my reading for up to wens. It's my last weekend of fun before the actual studying starts. I think I have something every night: Parade, law school/med school malpractice mixer then a cocktail party. Then it'll take me like 3 weeks to reach where you already are. P.S - K's E&E is the most amazing thing ever, if you aren't already reading it. Saved my ass.

I would get two cuse I can't decide. So many different styles are awesome.

I dont drink so st. patricks day is not a huge day for me haha. I overslept and am going to miss class today..I usually have an almost 2 hour commute each way, so I decided to just stay at home and make this a power day for work. Going to bang out as much of my K's outline as possible, read for tomorrow, and then have a nice 2 hour workout. I start at 10 :) Until then...breakfast and "administrative" work haha [forums, emails, checkign symplicity, etc]

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 am

I am going to be late to class cause I decided to play more basketball in the morning than time allowed.

stayway

Postby stayway » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I am going to be late to class cause I decided to play more basketball in the morning than time allowed.

People at your school play pick up basketball in the morning?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”