Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Postby beach_terror » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm

nooyyllib wrote:Image

This is the ATL we are talking about right?

I think I would rather be rollerskating in Atlanta than dealing with this horseshit right now. Bring it on T.I.

CChuff

Postby CChuff » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm

The problem with that is you're offering mere opinions which are speculating that it DOESN'T affect their rep. You also did not address my placement stats argument which leads me to conclude that you agree that 2009 NLJ placement is simply not accurate ITE.

I have no idea whether the school is discussing partial refunds or not, I was just going off of what beach_terror said.

This will obviously blow over unless something else is found, but I predict a small decline is placement and rankings next year. Just my own opinion, I have no ties to Philly nor do I have any desire to practice there so this is about as objective as you can find on TLS.[/quote]

I am not speculating, I am reporting what many Philadelphia law firms have indicated to our Dean. With respect to addressing your placement statistics, you do not know where we will place, so it is not an argument, it is mere speculation. However, I do agree that a small decline in US News rankings is likley and possibly even NLJ. Still, Villanova will likely be within the top 50 in placement. In my eyes, this is the only ranking that matters. As a student, my primary concern is where I will be working upon graduation. Going to Villanova gives you a tier 1 chance of working in big law after graduation.

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 pm

beach_terror wrote:I think I would rather be rollerskating in Atlanta than dealing with this horseshit right now. Bring it on T.I.

LOLersk8?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
beach_terror wrote:I think I would rather be rollerskating in Atlanta than dealing with this horseshit right now. Bring it on T.I.

LOLersk8?

--ImageRemoved--

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 pm

I have absolutely no clue what is happening in Con Law, and Chemerinsky is not helping.

F.
Last edited by MBZags on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Fuck the brief

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Informed today of the possibility of an all multiple choice con law final. Not sure how I feel about that, I actually did extremely well on the MC of my torts exam, so maybe this won't be too bad.

blerg

Postby blerg » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 pm

MBZags wrote:I have absolutely no clue what is happening in Con Law, and Chemerinsky is not helping.

F.

The Emmanuel Outline has been my saving grace so far.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 pm

edit: no point in bitching any further on here...
Last edited by JCougar on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm

My point headings are a huge mess.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 am

For the first few weeks of the semester, Romothesavior has been a lethargic, unmotivated, disinterested creature. I have barely read, I've done things at the last minute, and I've generally exhibited a lack of effort or concern for my classes. It wasn't that I didn't care; it was that I just couldn't get myself motivated no matter how hard I tried.

Then today, something clicked. All of a sudden, I've gotten some energy, some spark, some life. I have gotten some much needed motivation, and I'm ready to work this semester.

Romo's back, and he's ready to bring his A game. 8)

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

Last semester I got the spark around December 10. If history is any guide, it'll come back to me around April 15. It's fear and loathing until then.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 am

JCougar wrote:...

edit: no point in bitching any further on here...

I thought that was pretty insightful, sad you took it down

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am

Would have booked, yes booked, Civil Procedure had I not been a moron. I guess I'll have to settle for the A-. Ugh, fucking idiot beach...fuckin' idiot.

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

beach_terror wrote:Informed today of the possibility of an all multiple choice con law final. Not sure how I feel about that, I actually did extremely well on the MC of my torts exam, so maybe this won't be too bad.

Still, I have worries about him.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 pm

romothesavior wrote:For the first few weeks of the semester, Romothesavior has been a lethargic, unmotivated, disinterested creature. I have barely read, I've done things at the last minute, and I've generally exhibited a lack of effort or concern for my classes. It wasn't that I didn't care; it was that I just couldn't get myself motivated no matter how hard I tried.

Then today, something clicked. All of a sudden, I've gotten some energy, some spark, some life. I have gotten some much needed motivation, and I'm ready to work this semester.

Romo's back, and he's ready to bring his A game. 8)

[img]]

I got a second kick when I read that article on the constitutionality of Obamacare. I got my third kick when my grandmother died . . . morbid, I know.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:

This is how I'll picture you from now on.

At this point, I'm a lethargic Rocky. I need to get to the training montage of this semester, and quickly.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:24 am

The only thing that gets me through con law any more is making memes in class.
Last edited by Mickey Quicknumbers on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Ugh, so much reading to catch up on. Reading supplements is difficult this semester, I have to be a little more organized and on top of things, otherwise I just won't be able to do it. Reading the Chemerinsky casebook AND supplement is painful, but I still can't bring myself to not read what has been assigned and just focus on the the supplement.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Once a 1L summer is secured and the appellate brief is halfway written I will breathe easier but right now I am barely getting through the reading and everything else and am still leaving the library at 9 p.m. nightly which is something I specifically said I wouldn't do until March.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:The only thing that gets me through con law any more is making memes in class.

Not funny.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:The only thing that gets me through con law any more is making memes in class.

Not funny.

i dont get it.

also, my brief is due monday and I only have 10% done

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 pm

goosey wrote:i dont get it.

I found getting all of the stupid shit out of the way (question presented, title page, authorities, toc, statement of jurisdiction, statutory) helped me feel like I accomplished something. Now I just have to worry about the argument stuff until it's due. Small mental victories ftw.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:06 pm

beach_terror wrote:
goosey wrote:i dont get it.

I found getting all of the stupid shit out of the way (question presented, title page, authorities, toc, statement of jurisdiction, statutory) helped me feel like I accomplished something. Now I just have to worry about the argument stuff until it's due. Small mental victories ftw.

my statement of facts and intro are done..cant do the table of authorities until im done with the actual argument. And as for the argument..its a gigantic mess. She gave us a good way to organize it and I went to her to discuss how my point headings dont fit that organization so she told me what to change/fix so I did it, and sent her the revised version, but it still didnt match her format. Now, we dont HAVE to have it organized that way, but I am risk averse..and I really just want to follow the example she gave.

I have one overaching main heading and then two sub-headings right now...both of my sub-headings are legal arguments...I dont have any fact sub heading...and so my argument will have a sub heading followed by like 5 pages of legal and fact analysis with no more headings at all. Is that really bad?

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Met with teacher about a draft of my motion to dismiss. After being a solid b/b+ student last semester she told me mine was basically the best in the class. Looking at it, I'd pretty much written the whole thing in my draft. Work on it more (since clearly everyone else will be, and what if it was just good for a draft), or fix the typos, add a few lines and not fuck with a good thing by over thinking it? What do ya'll think?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”