Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Stanford4Me

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 am

Desert Fox wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:Torts seemed easy. Then the exam happened. FML. 150K debt with no job...here i come!

TBF even if you get all A+'s this happens to emory students.

:)

savagecheater

Postby savagecheater » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:38 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:Torts seemed easy. Then the exam happened. FML. 150K debt with no job...here i come!

:)

+1

skoobily doobily

Postby skoobily doobily » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

By severely understudying for all of my exams, i'm actually coming out way ahead, it's a beautiful thing.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

skoobily doobily wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

By severely understudying for all of my exams, i'm actually coming out way ahead, it's a beautiful thing.

Given your psychotic, uber-gunner personality, I sincerely doubt you understudied.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:31 pm

romothesavior wrote:
skoobily doobily wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Given your psychotic, uber-gunner personality, I sincerely doubt you understudied.

Some people define understudying as sleeping over 2 hours a night.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:32 pm

romothesavior wrote:
skoobily doobily wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

+1

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm

You know whats really interesting? Everyone here is freaking out about being median, but what about all of those that are, based on simple math, HAVE TO be below median? What in the world happens to them?!

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:24 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:You know whats really interesting? Everyone here is freaking out about being median, but what about all of those that are, based on simple math, HAVE TO be below median? What in the world happens to them?!

Will probably let you know :lol:.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm

keg411 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:You know whats really interesting? Everyone here is freaking out about being median, but what about all of those that are, based on simple math, HAVE TO be below median? What in the world happens to them?!

+1

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm

keg411 wrote:

Idk keg, I think it'll be me before you. I remember during the acceptance process you were so rearing to go I thought you were ready for finals before classes ever started. I on the other hand will walk into a Das office wanting a job with a B- or so in Crim Law and "You don't understand" speech ready to go.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Have considered this.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Idk keg, I think it'll be me before you. I remember during the acceptance process you were so rearing to go I thought you were ready for finals before classes ever started.

Me? My summer consisted of... working at my job haha. I wasn't one of the crazy 0L prep people.

No, I actually like lawl school, but I've never gotten good grades (I think the last time I got good grades I was 10 years old) and someone has to be below median. Although this is probably the first time in my life I didn't procrastinate on everything I did....

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm

No 0L prep, just TLS-ing non-stop for both of us as I recall. I feel like if I was below median I would mass mail every single PI/small law job in the nation and then go to church for a while.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

learn how to be a good solo practitioner

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 pm

keg411 wrote:

This is officially true as I'm now pretty sure I bombed the last CivPro question. Had a nightmare about it last night, so I looked it up. The worst part is, I had plenty of time to actually look it up during the exam AND I was looking up stuff related to it; just got on the wrong track :(.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Seems like this thread has died and all the 1Ls have moved to the grades thread, but with second semester starting up, I'd say it is time to migrate back into here.

Random thought... Is anyone else just finding themselves constantly annoyed by law school and people in your classes? I mean, I guess that is what happens when you spend every day with the same people over and over and over, but man... I just find myself becoming Mr. Negativity towards everyone and everything this semester.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 pm

romothesavior wrote:Seems like this thread has died and all the 1Ls have moved to the grades thread, but with second semester starting up, I'd say it is time to migrate back into here.

Random thought... Is anyone else just finding themselves constantly annoyed by law school and people in your classes? I mean, I guess that is what happens when you spend every day with the same people over and over and over, but man... I just find myself becoming Mr. Negativity towards everyone and everything this semester.

I'm definitely sick of some of it -- especially since we have all of the same people in our three substantive classes whereas last semester things were broken up more and there was some variance with the people (we had a small class, a really large class, and a medium sized class; this semester we have three classes that are all the same size with all of the same people).

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:Random thought... Is anyone else just finding themselves constantly annoyed by law school and people in your classes? I mean, I guess that is what happens when you spend every day with the same people over and over and over, but man... I just find myself becoming Mr. Negativity towards everyone and everything this semester.

Benefit of living a little further away is that I don't see people quite as much.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Anyone else taking Evidence? I have no clue what is going on during class. Luckily, based on cold call responses I don't think many other people have much of a clue either. The class is only an hour, but our professor jams so much stuff into lecture that he has to fly through it, and everyone just leaves class like, "Wtf just happened?"

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

traehekat wrote:Anyone else taking Evidence? I have no clue what is going on during class. Luckily, based on cold call responses I don't think many other people have much of a clue either. The class is only an hour, but our professor jams so much stuff into lecture that he has to fly through it, and everyone just leaves class like, "Wtf just happened?"

It's an upper-level course here.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:52 pm

So excited for Crim law. My prof loves policy questions, so far the first 3 chapters of my book are a basic review from undergrad. Awesomeness. My Con Law prof sounds like Ben Stein though :cry:

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Who's excited for 1L LOLCI

lololololololololololol

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:29 pm

robin600 wrote:So excited for Crim law. My prof loves policy questions, so far the first 3 chapters of my book are a basic review from undergrad. Awesomeness. My Con Law prof sounds like Ben Stein though :cry:

i thought crim law was the lamest class.. mostly because the prof i had made jokes all the time. he was generally a pretty entertaining guy but it got old quick and by november only 2/3 of the class would show on any given day

and he spent about a month on rape and it was not mentioned on the final at all

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:37 pm

rad law wrote:Who's excited for 1L LOLCI

lololololololololololol

Yeah for reals. Not a whole lot of employers coming.

solotee

Postby solotee » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:Who's excited for 1L LOLCI

lololololololololololol

Yeah for reals. Not a whole lot of employers coming.

A few 1L's got jobs through this last year at my school. It seems like there's a decent amount of firms coming onto campus this year. However, I'm definitely not counting on 1L OCI.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”