Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
clintonius

Silver

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Post by clintonius » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:00 pm

We're doing the law and economics justification of tort law right now and I want to claw my fucking eyeballs out. Thank god for Crush the Castle.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

I feel like its about time I bump the exam prep thread. 2 months away here.

FFFUUUCKKKK

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:17 pm

clintonius wrote:We're doing the law and economics justification of tort law right now and I want to claw my fucking eyeballs out. Thank god for Crush the Castle.
We did that for three days. And to think that I used to kind of like Learned Hand... and Posner... and living.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 pm

clintonius wrote:We're doing the law and economics justification of tort law right now and I want to claw my fucking eyeballs out. Thank god for Crush the Castle.
tyvmft

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

My entire Property class is almost all L&E.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:44 pm

My motivation is being destroyed as too many things pile up. I'm behind on outlining, though I guess I can fix that during spring break in a 2 weeks. Job search is going ok so I can't complain about that. The classes I have now are hit and miss. Some I'm ok with, and others I feel completely lost in.

And it seems like my in-class experience is really going south. I manage to sound like a complete fool each time I'm called on to the point where I can practically hear the eyeballs rolling at my stupid answers. But this I don't mind too much at all. Let them think I'm stupid. I'm not the gunner type who needs others to think I'm the smartest one in the room. On the contrary, I prefer to lull them into a false sense of security (though I guess I do this without much of a choice), and then just beat their asses on the exams anyway.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Anyone else lost most interest in going to class? I feel like I can study on my own more efficiently and do better without being in class.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 pm

kalvano wrote:Anyone else lost most interest in going to class? I feel like I can study on my own more efficiently and do better without being in class.
For Ks, yes.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Brief has been submitted. spring break starts......now! :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 pm

dakatz wrote:My motivation is being destroyed as too many things pile up. I'm behind on outlining, though I guess I can fix that during spring break in a 2 weeks. Job search is going ok so I can't complain about that. The classes I have now are hit and miss. Some I'm ok with, and others I feel completely lost in.

And it seems like my in-class experience is really going south. I manage to sound like a complete fool each time I'm called on to the point where I can practically hear the eyeballs rolling at my stupid answers. But this I don't mind too much at all. Let them think I'm stupid. I'm not the gunner type who needs others to think I'm the smartest one in the room. On the contrary, I prefer to lull them into a false sense of security (though I guess I do this without much of a choice), and then just beat their asses on the exams anyway.
haha. Yeah. I've literally managed to sound idiotic every time I get called on. Same thing last semester. I didn't know anything until the two weeks before finals. I'd prefer if people thought I was retarded like they did last semester. My study group almost kicked me out for being useless and I wound up with better grades than all of them (including 2 gunnerish types). Granted, I'm still concerned that my luck from last semester won't hold.

And yeah... I have 0 desire to go to class or read or really do anything anymore. I spend all my time looking for a summer job.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Until I get a summer job I don't want to do anything. Its took me 2 hours to read a 15 page Crim Pro assignment today!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Brief do in less than a week. I've spent almost the whole day/night working on it and I still have a horrible feeling I'm going to get curve-pwnd :(.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 pm

I guess I'm not too worried about getting owned by the curve in LRW since my school curves it up to be relatively high. But the problem with that is you can almost never break through to get a really high grade. No matter what I do, its almost always average, which I guess isn't bad given the curve there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 pm

dakatz wrote:I guess I'm not too worried about getting owned by the curve in LRW since my school curves it up to be relatively high. But the problem with that is you can almost never break through to get a really high grade. No matter what I do, its almost always average, which I guess isn't bad given the curve there.
By curve pwnd, I also mean "not an A" :lol:. The curve isn't too bad in the class itself, but I have really really high expectations for myself and I also need to keep my grades up if I want to transfer or get a good SA job. I set the bar really high for myself last semester and the fact that I need to do even better is daunting, to say the least.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 am

beach_terror wrote:I seriously loathe law school right now because of this brief. I should have took a year off, majored in something useful, or tried to be a pro video gamer. What the fuck, mangggggg.
I should have just stuck with physics...something I was naturally good at. Life as a Physics lab RA is looking pretty good right now. You get funding to pay for your PhD and you don't have to put up with petty bullshit for most of your career. You get paid shit, but my guess is that you can probably live with yourself.

The "professional world" is so full of shit.

With that said, law school would actually be fun if you didn't have to flush your financial future down the toilet to attend.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 am

keg411 wrote:
My entire Property class is almost all L&E.
Coase theorem FTL?

mythosopher

New

Post by mythosopher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm

What's a "bad" GPA for 1L first semester?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 pm

mythosopher wrote:What's a "bad" GPA for 1L first semester?
Depends on the school. I'd say for a T1, anything around median is a real concern, and below median is probably out for biglaw. Really hard to get back from that.

Bronze

Post by 174 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Depends entirely on your school and your goals.

mythosopher

New

Post by mythosopher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Depends on the school. I'd say for a T1, anything around median is a real concern, and below median is probably out for biglaw. Really hard to get back from that.
T2. And I have no desire to go into biglaw, so...

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm

JCougar wrote:
beach_terror wrote:I seriously loathe law school right now because of this brief. I should have took a year off, majored in something useful, or tried to be a pro video gamer. What the fuck, mangggggg.
I should have just stuck with physics...something I was naturally good at. Life as a Physics lab RA is looking pretty good right now. You get funding to pay for your PhD and you don't have to put up with petty bullshit for most of your career. You get paid shit, but my guess is that you can probably live with yourself.

The "professional world" is so full of shit.

With that said, law school would actually be fun if you didn't have to flush your financial future down the toilet to attend.
You mean you don't feel compelled now to make a donation to law school????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
kalvano wrote:Anyone else lost most interest in going to class? I feel like I can study on my own more efficiently and do better without being in class.
For Ks, yes.
Amen.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

I feel like if I had finals tomorrow I would be last in class. I mostly have no idea what is going on in either Civ or Crim Pro.

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

with a law degree I wont have any chance of being able to relocate to a different country and practicing law unless i do law school over there will I?

Bronze

Post by 174 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 pm

merc280 wrote:with a law degree I wont have any chance of being able to relocate to a different country and practicing law unless i do law school over there will I?
Just do V10 transactional work and lateral over to an office abroad, bro.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”