Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Baylan

Bronze

Re: Thread Unworthy 1L fears, inquiries, and rants welcome here

Post by Baylan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 am

I forgot whiskey in my previous post. The fail is also hidden in the whiskey.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 am

Baylan wrote:I forgot whiskey in my previous post. The fail is also hidden in the whiskey.
In that case better start powering through that whiskey, soggy fail is the worst

Baylan

Bronze

Post by Baylan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 am

stratocophic wrote:
Baylan wrote:I forgot whiskey in my previous post. The fail is also hidden in the whiskey.
In that case better start powering through that whiskey, soggy fail is the worst
That was earlier. Now I'm onto talking with the new ex on facebook while on the whiskey fail. Emotional stability will clearly result from this course of action.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 am

Baylan wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
That was earlier. Now I'm onto talking with the new ex on facebook while on the whiskey fail. Emotional stability will clearly result from this course of action.

Baylan

Bronze

Post by Baylan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 am

stratocophic wrote:
Baylan wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Sorry it died early. Sleep eventually won.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Baylan wrote:In epic 1L end of year meltdown I may or may not have broken up with my girlfriend, then within 24 hours, become the hero of my section by calling out a professor who has a massive tendency to interrupt students after he did so to me 4 times in a row.
My Con Law prof always interrupts students and it annoys me to no end.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:24 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Baylan wrote:In epic 1L end of year meltdown I may or may not have broken up with my girlfriend, then within 24 hours, become the hero of my section by calling out a professor who has a massive tendency to interrupt students after he did so to me 4 times in a row.
My Con Law prof always interrupts students and it annoys me to no end.
Our Crim pro prof doesn't really let us talk. He has a "socratic method", but it basically consists of him asking you the facts of the case, interrupting t=to finish the facts himself, giving the entire reasoning of the court and the rule himself, and then asking if you have anything to add.

On the plus side, thats easily the least stressful socratic method class I have ever had so far :)

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am

I feel like I learned at least 80% less this semester than I did in the fall (I am a 1L). Please don't let me ruin my good grades.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 am

in case any 0Ls are snooping, i just want to point out that 1L year actually is pretty demoralizing/exhausting/stressful (that is if you care at all, i guess some people may not and just float on through the year - definitely jealous of them, esp if they are somehow getting decent grades too). i'm normally a pretty laid back, relaxed guy, but even i'm starting to feel beaten down. it's not even really the workload, its just all the other little things you have to worry about on top of the workload. and then some of the indirect effects the workload has on other things. its all just ughhhh.

and i thought it was so cliche how upperclassmen would tell you at orientation "it changes you" or "it really tests you" ...

ok ok /tired rant

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 am

1L is easy if you have already had any hope or optimism beaten out of you by the real world. If you drink from the milkshake of cynicism and sarcasm, you'll be fine.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:18 am

the lantern wrote:I feel like I learned at least 80% less this semester than I did in the fall (I am a 1L). Please don't let me ruin my good grades.
Ditto.

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 am

I simply wish people would stop informing me that I look tired.

Baylan

Bronze

Post by Baylan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:39 am

the lantern wrote:I feel like I learned at least 80% less this semester than I did in the fall (I am a 1L). Please don't let me ruin my good grades.
We learned things this semester? I don't believe it!

In all seriousness... I don't feel like I learned anything this semester.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:42 am

YourCaptain wrote:I simply wish people would stop informing me that I look tired.
+1.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:05 am

kalvano wrote:1L is easy if you have already had any hope or optimism beaten out of you by the real world. If you drink from the milkshake of cynicism and sarcasm, you'll be fine.
+1

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:21 pm

traehekat wrote:in case any 0Ls are snooping, i just want to point out that 1L year actually is pretty demoralizing/exhausting/stressful (that is if you care at all, i guess some people may not and just float on through the year - definitely jealous of them, esp if they are somehow getting decent grades too). i'm normally a pretty laid back, relaxed guy, but even i'm starting to feel beaten down. it's not even really the workload, its just all the other little things you have to worry about on top of the workload. and then some of the indirect effects the workload has on other things. its all just ughhhh.

and i thought it was so cliche how upperclassmen would tell you at orientation "it changes you" or "it really tests you" ...

ok ok /tired rant
eh, i dunno. i'm annoyed that i have to basically put my life on hold for a few weeks for finals but beyond that it hasn't been very dramatic.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Cover letters are bullshit. Why would employers want to hear the same recycled bullshit from everyone? Just man up and say all we want is a resume and transcript.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 am

td6624 wrote:
traehekat wrote:in case any 0Ls are snooping, i just want to point out that 1L year actually is pretty demoralizing/exhausting/stressful (that is if you care at all, i guess some people may not and just float on through the year - definitely jealous of them, esp if they are somehow getting decent grades too). i'm normally a pretty laid back, relaxed guy, but even i'm starting to feel beaten down. it's not even really the workload, its just all the other little things you have to worry about on top of the workload. and then some of the indirect effects the workload has on other things. its all just ughhhh.

ok ok /tired rant
eh, i dunno. i'm annoyed that i have to basically put my life on hold for a few weeks for finals but beyond that it hasn't been very dramatic.
looking back on it, it my have been helpful to put my rant in context. i had just shelled out over 1k for auto repairs, so that whole paragraph could have actually been summed up in one sentence: fuck boubin automotive service.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:59 am

ok ok /tired rant
I agree. I used to be fun. Now I suck.

marija

New

Post by marija » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:34 am

td6624 wrote:

ok ok /tired rant
I agree more with this guy than with the other guys.

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:12 pm

marija wrote:
td6624 wrote:

ok ok /tired rant
I agree more with this guy than with the other guys.

Agree. I live a pretty fun, normal life for the most of the semester. I put in a handful of 12 hour days when legal writing assignments were due and I study from first thing in the morning until I go to sleep for ~2 weeks before/during finals, but other than that law school is pretty fun. Not at a t14 though, which I hear are more intense (whether it be from the increased competitiveness or higher standards idk).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:29 pm

the lantern wrote: I study from first thing in the morning until I go to sleep for ~2 weeks before/during finals
see i don't do that either. maybe i should, but my brain just can't work this way. so most of this time is spent dicking around thinking i should be studying instead of actually studying.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”