What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ogurty
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:16 am

What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby ogurty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

What's everyone doing? I'm listening to LEEWS, making rapid-fire Amazon purchases with my finally-disbursed financial aid, trying to finish up my application to the apartment I still need to move into...just a little stressed.

Happy last weekend of freedom and 0L-dom...forever! :lol:

wpc1532
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby wpc1532 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 pm

ogurty wrote:What's everyone doing? I'm listening to LEEWS, making rapid-fire Amazon purchases with my finally-disbursed financial aid, trying to finish up my application to the apartment I still need to move into...just a little stressed.

Happy last weekend of freedom and 0L-dom...forever! :lol:

How is your finaid disbursed already? I thought it didn't go out until after classes started.

User avatar
studebaker07
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:40 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby studebaker07 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Image

To the OP. :lol:

User avatar
mbusch22
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby mbusch22 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 pm

finished leews a few hours ago. going out tonight and tomorrow night.

User avatar
go4hls
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby go4hls » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 pm

wpc1532 wrote:
ogurty wrote:What's everyone doing? I'm listening to LEEWS, making rapid-fire Amazon purchases with my finally-disbursed financial aid, trying to finish up my application to the apartment I still need to move into...just a little stressed.

Happy last weekend of freedom and 0L-dom...forever! :lol:

How is your finaid disbursed already? I thought it didn't go out until after classes started.


Yeah, I thought so too.

ogurty
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby ogurty » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 pm

go4hls wrote:
wpc1532 wrote:
ogurty wrote:What's everyone doing? I'm listening to LEEWS, making rapid-fire Amazon purchases with my finally-disbursed financial aid, trying to finish up my application to the apartment I still need to move into...just a little stressed.

Happy last weekend of freedom and 0L-dom...forever! :lol:

How is your finaid disbursed already? I thought it didn't go out until after classes started.


Yeah, I thought so too.


I guess we're lucky then, ours got disbursed Tuesday and I got it today.

wpc1532
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby wpc1532 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 pm

ogurty wrote:
go4hls wrote:
wpc1532 wrote:
ogurty wrote:What's everyone doing? I'm listening to LEEWS, making rapid-fire Amazon purchases with my finally-disbursed financial aid, trying to finish up my application to the apartment I still need to move into...just a little stressed.

Happy last weekend of freedom and 0L-dom...forever! :lol:

How is your finaid disbursed already? I thought it didn't go out until after classes started.


Yeah, I thought so too.


I guess we're lucky then, ours got disbursed Tuesday and I got it today.

Was it an advance? Public or private.

It'd help me out A LOT if my school could/would disburse early like that.

User avatar
SeymourShowz
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby SeymourShowz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 pm

reading my assignments for the first classes, skimming GTM again, maybe LEEWS, and exercising..

honestly, though, I'm probably just going to get drunk.
Last edited by SeymourShowz on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Reading, working on my car, working out, and spending time online.

User avatar
SmittenMitten
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby SmittenMitten » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Waiting for fin aid dispersment, hanging out with my dog, sleeping

User avatar
OneSixtySix
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby OneSixtySix » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Just generally being nervous

smittytron3k
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby smittytron3k » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

.
Last edited by smittytron3k on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
skoobily doobily
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby skoobily doobily » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Joining 4 fantasy football leagues, which will the reason, if any, that I fail out of law school.

User avatar
soaponarope
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby soaponarope » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 am

excessive masturbation, watching futurama, jammin out to the Stones, and drinking. Woot!!! moda frucka.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby clintonius » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:47 am

SeymourShowz wrote:honestly, though, I'm probably just going to get drunk.

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby floppymex » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 am

-
Last edited by floppymex on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 am

Amen to fantasy football. I'm thinking three leagues only, though.

Also, I've been eating lots and lots of amazing food. Who knows how downhill our diets will go (both in nutrition and taste) once 1L year begins?

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby floppymex » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 am

-
Last edited by floppymex on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
heyyitskatie
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby heyyitskatie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 am

we have about 150 pages of reading that was assigned to us during our "last weekend" before law school.

...I'll be doing it ASAP to hang out with everyone while we still like each other :)

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby SwollenMonkey » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 am

soaponarope wrote:excessive masturbation, watching futurama, jammin out to the Stones, and drinking. Woot!!! moda frucka.


Be mindful of excessive frapping -- it can drain you.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:09 am

floppymex wrote:Who are all your sleepers for the year? I'm trying to pick up Johnny Knox in every league I can.

Not to derail this into a fantasy football thread, but I like Mike Wallace, Zack Miller, and Legedu Naanee.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby PDaddy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:38 am

Sex, sex...and more sex! :D

User avatar
Rico Suave
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby Rico Suave » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:41 am

accessorizing this year's outfits

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby SwollenMonkey » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:46 am

Rico Suave wrote:accessorizing this year's outfits


My outfits consists of wife beaters and Hanes V-neck shirts with some cargos or jeans, lol. Maybe I'll buy a fancy unisex belt for that added flavor, lol.

User avatar
Rico Suave
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:26 am

Re: What are you doing with your last weekend before law school?

Postby Rico Suave » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:
Rico Suave wrote:accessorizing this year's outfits


My outfits consists of wife beaters and Hanes V-neck shirts with some cargos or jeans, lol. Maybe I'll buy a fancy unisex belt for that added flavor, lol.

a plunging neckline lets the ladies know you're more than just an intellectual. i prefer unbuttoned shirts so i can show off my abz.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests