LEEWS technique in Circus Ponies? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ArtVandelay

Bronze

LEEWS technique in Circus Ponies?

Post by ArtVandelay » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Has anyone tried doing the LEEWS note-taking method in Circus Ponies (writing briefs in the left column and class notes in the right)? I can't figure out how to do two columns. Is OmniOutliner or another program better-suited for LEEWs?

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Re: LEEWS technique in Circus Ponies?

Post by SwollenMonkey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:12 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:Has anyone tried doing the LEEWS note-taking method in Circus Ponies (writing briefs in the left column and class notes in the right)? I can't figure out how to do two columns. Is OmniOutliner or another program better-suited for LEEWs?
What do you mean you can't figure out how to do two columns?
Are you typing or hand writing outlines?

funkyturds

New

Post by funkyturds » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Go to "Page" menu at the top. Click on "New Cornell Note Page" or something like that.

ArtVandelay

Bronze

Post by ArtVandelay » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:59 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Has anyone tried doing the LEEWS note-taking method in Circus Ponies (writing briefs in the left column and class notes in the right)? I can't figure out how to do two columns. Is OmniOutliner or another program better-suited for LEEWs?
What do you mean you can't figure out how to do two columns?
Are you typing or hand writing outlines?
I'm typing them in the Circus Ponies application.
funkyturds wrote:Go to "Page" menu at the top. Click on "New Cornell Note Page" or something like that.
I tried that, but (unless I'm wrong) the Cornell page doesn't allow you to use bullet points or numbered lines, so it basically renders the outlining benefits of Circus Ponies useless. Is there any way to do two columns (similar to the Cornell page) in the normal note page?

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:37 pm

I realize this is over a year old but I'm having the same problem, anyone?!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:58 pm

That is why I just do it in a word document. But I am loving the LEEWS note taking method.... prevents me from writing down too much. Focused note taking :)

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm

lalala21 wrote:That is why I just do it in a word document. But I am loving the LEEWS note taking method.... prevents me from writing down too much. Focused note taking :)
I kind of figured it out using the "Cornell outline" option or whatever it's called. Working pretty well. I vehemently hate MS Office products because of bad crash experiences but year I think that would work just fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”