Wishing everyone a fantastic year! Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JustBelieve

New

Wishing everyone a fantastic year!

Post by JustBelieve » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Hello all fellow 1L's!

If you are like me, you are all probably really excited to start law school this fall. I just wanted to wish everyone a great three years and remind everyone to keep believing, for it's not a situation of if but one of a fact that we all will have successful law school and legal careers.

Let's begin...

jmhendri

Silver

Re: Wishing everyone a fantastic year!

Post by jmhendri » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:09 pm

JustBelieve wrote: for it's not a situation of if but one of a fact that we all will have successful law school and legal careers.
QF Fallacy

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm

JustBelieve wrote:Hello all fellow 1L's!

If you are like me, you are all probably really excited to start law school this fall. I just wanted to wish everyone a great three years and remind everyone to keep believing, for it's not a situation of if but one of a fact that we all will have successful law school and legal careers.

Let's begin...

--ImageRemoved--

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:10 pm

JustBelieve wrote:Hello all fellow 1L's!

Let's begin...
Fuck you.

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Was going to say "thanks," but instead I'll just break out the popcorn. This is already very interesting...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Are we that cynical? He's just wishing everyone luck. JFC.

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:Are we that cynical? He's just wishing everyone luck. JFC.
JustBelieve wrote:it's not a situation of if but one of a fact that we all will have successful law school and legal careers.
RC fail for MPasi.
Cynical it is, then. And a little mean. :(

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:27 pm

mpasi wrote:
the fuck...

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 pm

jmhendri wrote:
mpasi wrote:
the fuck...

Was talking to boo. XO

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:Are we that cynical? He's just wishing everyone luck. JFC.
JustBelieve wrote:it's not a situation of if but one of a fact that we all will have successful law school and legal careers.
RC fail for MPasi.
Continue being obtuse, then, if that's what you want.
My point is that he was trying to wish everyone well. What's wrong with that? Who gives a crap about the rest?

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:34 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:My point is that he was trying to wish everyone well. What's wrong with that? Who gives a crap about the rest?
So, pay attention only to feel good type stuff and ignore idiocy? Sounds great. That's never lead to anything bad. Ever.

I'm saying what you think is idiocy doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Accept the nice gesture, and keep it moving. If he thinks that everyone is going to have a successful career, let him. Being an asshole about it isn't going to change his mind.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:My point is that he was trying to wish everyone well. What's wrong with that? Who gives a crap about the rest?
So, pay attention only to feel good type stuff and ignore idiocy? Sounds great. That's never lead to anything bad. Ever.

I'm saying what you think is idiocy doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things. Accept the nice gesture, and keep it moving. If he thinks that everyone is going to have a successful career, let him. Being an asshole about it isn't going to change his mind.
So, changing his mind is the only justification for calling someone on bullshit? Awesome. Perhaps you should look at this person's post history before you defend him, btw. This isn't his first feel-good rodeo.

mpasi

Bronze

Post by mpasi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
mpasi wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:

So, changing his mind is the only justification for calling someone on bullshit? Awesome. Perhaps you should look at this person's post history before you defend him, btw. This isn't his first feel-good rodeo.

I'm aware of his posting history, and I'm not defending him. I'm just saying it's a non-issue. Have a good year, Boo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

soaponarope

Bronze

Post by soaponarope » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:44 pm

This thread just confirms my assumptions that most prospective law school students suck at life, and consequently, rarely get any pussy.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 pm

soaponarope wrote:This thread just confirms my assumptions that most prospective law school students suck at life, and consequently, rarely get any pussy.

+1, pretty sure that Boo guy is a virgin

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
soaponarope wrote:This thread just confirms my assumptions that most prospective law school students suck at life, and consequently, rarely get any pussy.

+1, pretty sure that Boo guy is a virgin
lawl

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:15 am

The problem is there are two things going on here. There are people who are reading #1 and people who are reading #2 (and #2 is what it actually says):

#1: "Good luck, everybody!"

#2: "Everybody here will be successful, so don't worry!"

#1 is nice, #2 is bullshit. The people defending OP seem to be focusing on idea #1 and the people attacking OP seem to be focusing on idea #2.

Hooray for communication failures!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am

vanwinkle wrote:The problem is there are two things going on here. There are people who are reading #1 and people who are reading #2 (and #2 is what it actually says):

#1: "Good luck, everybody!"

#2: "Everybody here will be successful, so don't worry!"

#1 is nice, #2 is bullshit. The people defending OP seem to be focusing on idea #1 and the people attacking OP seem to be focusing on idea #2.

Hooray for communication failures!
I'm not in either category. I'm just :roll: at this thread because of OP's idiotic posting history.

But I appreciate the well-wishes. OP, pray for me, k?

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 am

I'm giving up the cooter for the first few weeks of 1L. Really sucks since I'm running into hot mammacitas all over the place. :cry:

I'd gladly give up cooter for a year if it guaranteed me all A+s. :P

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 am

romothesavior wrote:I'm not in either category. I'm just :roll: at this thread because of OP's idiotic posting history.
Well, there's that too, but plenty of opportunity to :roll: in each of those threads as they happen.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:
I'm giving up the cooter for the first few weeks of 1L. Really sucks since I'm running into hot mammacitas all over the place. :cry:

For the first few weeks? You need to give it up for the last few weeks so you can train for finals like a boxer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:

I sense a "40 Days and 40 Nights" situation here. Betting pool anyone?

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:30 am

Kilpatrick wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:

For the first few weeks? You need to give it up for the last few weeks so you can train for finals like a boxer.
i put the rocky theme on repeat during my last round of finals. it worked out well for me.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 am

--ImageRemoved--

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am

It's only a zero-sum game if you're attending the same school as another poster.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”