LEEWS: Before or during law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Hodgy

Re: LEEWS: Before or during law school?

Postby Hodgy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:33 am

Tenth Usher wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

Wentworth,the LEEWs creator, and his son are African-American.

I'd be interested in how you know this, but the Prison Break connection just seems too weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Miller

This link is to the son of Mr. LEEWS himself, who you will see stars in Prison Break.

Under the "Early Life" section:
Born in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, Miller is the son of Joy Marie Palm, a special education teacher, and Wentworth Earl Miller II, a lawyer and teacher.[1] Miller's father, a Rhodes Scholar, was studying at Oxford at the time of Miller's birth. Miller is of multiracial origins; his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish and Cherokee descent, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, and Lebanese/Syrian ancestry

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am

Hodgy wrote:
Tenth Usher wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

Wentworth,the LEEWs creator, and his son are African-American.

I'd be interested in how you know this, but the Prison Break connection just seems too weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Miller

This link is to the son of Mr. LEEWS himself, who you will see stars in Prison Break.

Under the "Early Life" section:
Born in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, Miller is the son of Joy Marie Palm, a special education teacher, and Wentworth Earl Miller II, a lawyer and teacher.[1] Miller's father, a Rhodes Scholar, was studying at Oxford at the time of Miller's birth. Miller is of multiracial origins; his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish and Cherokee descent, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, and Lebanese/Syrian ancestry

OMG I'm those things too. I should have put URM on my application. Maybe then I'd be at Yale. Well, technically my cousins are Cherokee but I'm just Iroquois. Either Seneca or Cayuga, forget which. Maybe that isn't as urmy as Cherokee because we didn't have to do the trail of tears.
--ImageRemoved--
Then, and Now.

And here's his dad. Maybe. He's also a member of Skull and Bones.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm

tram988 wrote:
truthypants wrote:You won't have time to listen to 8+ hours of "put it in the blender" during law school--if you're gonna do it, do it now. I suggest you just buy the Delaney book and use that (better than LEEWs in my opinion)

What's the Delaney book?

Click here

http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Legal-Re ... 0960851445

truthypants

Postby truthypants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
tram988 wrote:
truthypants wrote:You won't have time to listen to 8+ hours of "put it in the blender" during law school--if you're gonna do it, do it now. I suggest you just buy the Delaney book and use that (better than LEEWs in my opinion)

What's the Delaney book?

Click here

Actually, I meant this one:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Your-Best-Sch ... pd_sim_b_1

Duralex

Postby Duralex » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 pm

FWIW, Delaney says to read the exam book after the legal reasoning book.

I liked these enough to pick up his book on Crim for shits and giggles.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:58 pm

truthypants wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
tram988 wrote:

What's the Delaney book?

Click here

Actually, I meant this one:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Your-Best-Sch ... pd_sim_b_1

Is this book any good?

truthypants

Postby truthypants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Is this book any good?

It's very good (must have). He has examples of good and poor exam answers (with explanations as to why one gets the better grade), how to develop an effective checklist so that you don't miss issues (and give up points) on exams, etc. Most law school exams are the racehorse variety--i.e., whoever spots and discusses the most issues wins. The book's good because it describes a lot of the pitfalls students fall for and how/when to avoid them--e.g., spend too much time analyzing an issue and then not have enough time to discuss other issues (better to discuss more issues with less analysis than spend a ton of time analyzing in depth a few issues while neglecting others).

jitsrenzo

Postby jitsrenzo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:46 pm

PM me and quote me a price on a used set of LEEWS CD and primer you're hoping to sell. Thanks!

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 pm

jitsrenzo wrote:PM me and quote me a price on a used set of LEEWS CD and primer you're hoping to sell. Thanks!

I sold my copy on eBay for just over $150.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 pm

$150? So... jitsrenzo ... act fast or I'm pumping up the price.

Also, I have all of Delaney's books. PM me a price if interested.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 pm

truthypants wrote:
Is this book any good?

It's very good (must have). He has examples of good and poor exam answers (with explanations as to why one gets the better grade), how to develop an effective checklist so that you don't miss issues (and give up points) on exams, etc. Most law school exams are the racehorse variety--i.e., whoever spots and discusses the most issues wins. The book's good because it describes a lot of the pitfalls students fall for and how/when to avoid them--e.g., spend too much time analyzing an issue and then not have enough time to discuss other issues (better to discuss more issues with less analysis than spend a ton of time analyzing in depth a few issues while neglecting others).

Alright. I just secured a copy on Amazon.

camstant

Postby camstant » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Delaney is tha man.

eternalmusic88

Postby eternalmusic88 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 pm

anyone know where i could get a cheaper copy of this? ASAP?
i tried ebay but nothing

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:43 pm

I've got "reading days" coming up next week (4 day weekend)... at that point we are 7.5 weeks into the semester with 7.5 to go. I didn't do LEEWS 0L summer because I didn't think I would understand how to put the concepts into action, so I plan to doing the audio program, straight through, on one of my two reading days. Hopefully this works out for me... I'm getting a good grasp of concepts and starting to look at old exams, and I feel like I need something to help organize my thoughts for the stretch run of the semester.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”