LEEWS: Before or during law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tram988

LEEWS: Before or during law school?

Postby tram988 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi Guys,

My copy of LEEWS came in the mail today. Is it advisable to complete to program prior to entering law school this fall or should I muster the time during school? thanks!!

jmhendri

Re: LEEWS: Before or during law school?

Postby jmhendri » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:54 pm

also curious

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:55 pm

From what I have gathered, most people suggest completing it before law school, simply because you probably won't have much spare time to do it during the semester. Do the audio program first, then you can kind of breeze through the primer, as most of what is in writing is just repeating what was discussed in the audio portion (although there are still some useful things mentioned in the primer that aren't mentioned elsewhere).

By the way, you need zero knowledge of law, policy, etc. in order to complete the program. As he states, he assumes complete ignorance. So in case you were worried about that aspect, don't be. The only difference is it may take a little longer to complete some of the exercises since you may not be familiar with definitions/principles (which are provided for you if you aren't).
Last edited by traehekat on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Soon-to-be-1L here...I listened to it and unfortunately the part that seems to be the most useful for a 0L is at the end. Which means you gotta listen to that fuck-tard for like 8 hours before you get to anything useful (the part about outlining and taking notes). However, what he says about conflict pairings seems also to be useful from the very limited knowledge I have.

Sure, go ahead and listen to it now. It seemed like it was useful...though I now want to kill Wentworth Miller. Maybe not kill him but I definitely want to punch him in the face.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Soon-to-be-1L here...I listened to it and unfortunately the part that seems to be the most useful for a 0L is at the end. Which means you gotta listen to that fuck-tard for like 8 hours before you get to anything useful (the part about outlining and taking notes). However, what he says about conflict pairings seems also to be useful from the very limited knowledge I have.

Sure, go ahead and listen to it now. It seemed like it was useful...though I now want to kill Wentworth Miller. Maybe not kill him but I definitely want to punch him in the face.

omg. PRISON BREAK!

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Soon-to-be-1L here...I listened to it and unfortunately the part that seems to be the most useful for a 0L is at the end. Which means you gotta listen to that fuck-tard for like 8 hours before you get to anything useful (the part about outlining and taking notes). However, what he says about conflict pairings seems also to be useful from the very limited knowledge I have.

Thanks guys!! I'll start now then.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 pm

dude his son is hot!

my boyfriend and I watch him on tv every night.

I think I'll do LEEWS now.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 pm

sibley wrote:dude his son is hot!

my boyfriend and I watch him on tv every night.

I think I'll do LEEWS now.

Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 pm

dakatz wrote:Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

He even plays a genius. A little bit melodramatic of a genius, but still. Guess he's too smart for soap operas, despite the acting style.

tallboone

Postby tallboone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 pm

What is LEEWS?

Duralex

Postby Duralex » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 pm

tallboone wrote:What is LEEWS?

LEEWS is a system for writing LS exams.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:...Which means you gotta listen to that fuck-tard for like 8 hours before you get to anything useful (the part about outlining and taking notes). However, what he says about conflict pairings seems also to be useful from the very limited knowledge I have....though I now want to kill Wentworth Miller.

Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue... so sick of hearing that phrase.

Listen to it before, note the important stuff, and listen to the noted sections again before exams. If he cut out the "Stop...Continue" BS, the entire course would fit on one disk.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm

inchoate_con wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:...Which means you gotta listen to that fuck-tard for like 8 hours before you get to anything useful (the part about outlining and taking notes). However, what he says about conflict pairings seems also to be useful from the very limited knowledge I have....though I now want to kill Wentworth Miller.

Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue, Stop...Continue... so sick of hearing that phrase.

Listen to it before, note the important stuff, and listen to the noted sections again before exams. If he cut out the "Stop...Continue" BS, the entire course would fit on one disk.

Put it in the blender BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRB! Get on the bike! Stop......Continue.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 pm

dakatz wrote:Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

Wentworth,the LEEWs creator, and his son are African-American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Miller

He starred in the movie (based on a true story), The Human Stain, about a black man that passed for white.

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Stain-Novel ... 0375726349
Last edited by hiromoto45 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:50 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:

The blue eyes must give it away..

Tenth Usher

Postby Tenth Usher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 pm

inchoate_con wrote:

Blah not looking forward to this, but I'll be saddling up some LEEWS later this week. Thanks for your take on the useful parts

Tenth Usher

Postby Tenth Usher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:

I'd be interested in how you know this, but the Prison Break connection just seems too weird

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am

Better to use the CDs, or go to a live one? I just noticed he comes to my city...

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 am

Tenth Usher wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:

I'd be interested in how you know this, but the Prison Break connection just seems too weird

His African-American heritage is specifically mentioned in the literature accompanying the LEEWS program. I believe it was somewhere in the primer. Guess Prison Break dude gets his blue eyes from mommy.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:12 am

Ildeuce wrote:Better to use the CDs, or go to a live one? I just noticed he comes to my city...

I would say get the CDs but mostly just b/c you can listen to it at your own pace, it's the same material as the live lecture, and then you can resell it afterwards.

Starting the program tomorrow!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:29 am

Ildeuce wrote:Better to use the CDs, or go to a live one? I just noticed he comes to my city...

On the CD's he actually says the CD's are probably better... you just don't get the grade guarantee.

inchoate_con

Postby inchoate_con » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 am

Wanna buy a used set?

truthypants

Postby truthypants » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:44 am

You won't have time to listen to 8+ hours of "put it in the blender" during law school--if you're gonna do it, do it now. I suggest you just buy the Delaney book and use that (better than LEEWs in my opinion)

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am

truthypants wrote:You won't have time to listen to 8+ hours of "put it in the blender" during law school--if you're gonna do it, do it now. I suggest you just buy the Delaney book and use that (better than LEEWs in my opinion)

What's the Delaney book?

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 am

Unless your the kind of person who was able to study on their own for the LSAT, I reccomend actually going to one of the presentations.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”