Core Classes

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Person

Core Classes

Postby Person » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am

I know I saw a thread here once about what are the core classes (besides the mandatory 1L classes and legal ethics) that everyone should take. But now I can't find it. Anyone have the link? Failing that, what do you guys think the core classes are?

For litigation, the ones I can remember are Evidence, Administrative Law, Federal Jurisdiction (esp. for clerkships, but good generally), and Trial Advocacy. I have also heard BA is helpful, despite being an essential course for transactional.

I imagine Negotiations is good too, but I don't remember anyone mentioning that in the thread.

TTH

Re: Core Classes

Postby TTH » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Law and Literature
Law and International Relations
Law and NBA Free Agency
Law and ______

vyelps

Postby vyelps » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:37 pm

I've been told that Secured Transactions is pretty important and the subject matter comes up a lot in both litigation and transactional work. Intro to Tax is also a class that lots of people have recommended to me.

vyelps

Postby vyelps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 am

Fed Courts is also pretty useful if you want to litigate.

StudentAthlete

Postby StudentAthlete » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Federal Income Tax is a good idea, an advanced UCC course is also a good choice (For the business route that is)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”