Environmental Law Hornbooks

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
steindle

Environmental Law Hornbooks

Postby steindle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Surprisingly little information on this out there.

Anyone know how the E&E (Ferrey), Understanding... (Weinberg), or Concepts and Insights Series (Salzman/Thompson) are?

steindle

Re: Environmental Law Hornbooks

Postby steindle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Nothing at all?

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:21 pm

There are some, but n ot much, they tend to be more topical and more focused on pratictyioners than law stduents. Is it a a survey course in enriormntal law? What textbook are tyou using?

steindle

Postby steindle » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Just FYI:

I ended up getting the "Environmental Law and Policy" (Salzman/Thompson) book, since it's from the same series as the life-saving and wonderful Chirelstein Contracts text...

...and it sucks. It is hands-down the most useless supplement I've seen. It gives incredibly cursory overviews of subject matter without going into any substantial depth about them.

My casebook (Percival) is actually pretty easy to grasp, so I may just go hornbook-less in this class...The Salzman text was a big waste of money, though.

As for the related topic of land use/zoning law: Barlow Burke's "Understanding...The Law of Zoning and Land Use Controls" has been absolutely amazing, especially in conjunction with Juergensmeyer's "Land Use Planning and Development Regulation Law." Highly recommended.

Whatisthis

Postby Whatisthis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for the Farber Freeman and Carlson text?

Rammstein

Postby Rammstein » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Just bought the Weinberg supp. It's not bad. I didn't see many other supps out there. Anyone know anything about the nutshell supp?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”