BlueBooking Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rando

BlueBooking Thread

Postby rando » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Don't think this is anywhere here but figured it could be a helpful resource or just a good way to learn new intricacies of the BB.

Disclaimer: Not sure if all of the write-on competitions are over, but using TLS for bluebooking help would be a serious breach of school conduct codes.

I don't have any pressing questions, though one that did bother me a little bit while working this summer.

In a memo, how to cite a contract that is not a court document. It seems that there should be a really simple answer (and there may be). But using 17.2.3 for unpublished materials just doesn't seem to fit quite like I want it to.

rando

Re: BlueBooking Thread

Postby rando » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:06 pm

betasteve wrote:
rando wrote:

In a memo, how to cite a contract that is not a court document. It seems that there should be a really simple answer (and there may be). But using 17.2.3 for unpublished materials just doesn't seem to fit quite like I want it to.

I would probably still cite as a court doc. i.e. Pl.'s Arbitration Agreement ¶¶ 5-7.
I don't know though—good question.

Yeah. Not sure. Most of the stuff in court documents alludes to briefs, complaints, arbitration agreements etc.

If it makes you feel any better, the attorneys didn't know either. They said to use unpublished sources because "technically" it is an unpublished material.

Postby 270910 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:18 pm

This thread is now about techno. This thread remains about bluebooking.

(Don't you wish you were a mod, disco? -beta)

Postby 270910 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 pm

disco_barred wrote:This thread is now about techno. This thread remains about bluebooking.

(Don't you wish you were a mod, disco? -beta)

:' (

rando

Postby rando » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 pm

betasteve wrote:
rando wrote:
betasteve wrote:
rando wrote:

I would probably still cite as a court doc. i.e. Pl.'s Arbitration Agreement ¶¶ 5-7.
I don't know though—good question.

Yeah. Not sure. Most of the stuff in court documents alludes to briefs, complaints, arbitration agreements etc.

If it makes you feel any better, the attorneys didn't know either. They said to use unpublished sources because "technically" it is an unpublished material.

I feel like you'd add it as an exhibit to whatever you are writing and call it Exhibit X.

I didnt have full access to he document, just the relevant quoted material. Though I imagine that is what the attorneys would do if they sent it to the client.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”