New Torts E&E

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
starstruck393

New Torts E&E

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

I didn't see anything when I searched, so I figured I'd ask. Has anyone used the new Torts E&E (4th Ed) that came out earlier this year? Is it worth getting over the 3rd Ed from 2005 for 4-5x the price? Thanks.

mikeytwoshoes

Re: New Torts E&E

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:27 pm

See the 0L questions thread and associated links. Welcome to law school.

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:21 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:See the 0L questions thread and associated links. Welcome to law school.

I looked, and don't see anything (the 4th ed only came out in Feb or so), which is why I asked. I have a feeling that the 3rd is just as good, but I want to make sure before I by it...

twade

Postby twade » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Here is what the publisher says on the website: I bolded the part that is new from the 3rd edition.

Examples & Explanations: The Law of Torts, Fourth Edition, features:

three new chapters on intentional torts that balance strong coverage of negligence:
Protecting the Right of Possession: Trespass to Land
Dueling Remedies: Trespass to Chattels and Conversion
False Imprisonment: Protecting Freedom of Movement

coverage that mirrors the content of most Torts courses - intentional torts, negligence, causation, duty, damages, liability of multiple defendants, and the effect of the plaintiff's conduct
updated citations throughout the text that reflect the most current law
Taking a Torts Essay Exam, a three-chapter section that includes guidance, tips, and sample exam questions and answers

Take from that what you will. I won't pretend to know. That being said, I bought the 3rd edition for like $15, so I will probably just keep it and pay better attention to my professor on the bolded new subjects.

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 pm

twade wrote:Here is what the publisher says on the website: I bolded the part that is new from the 3rd edition.

Examples & Explanations: The Law of Torts, Fourth Edition, features:

three new chapters on intentional torts that balance strong coverage of negligence:
Protecting the Right of Possession: Trespass to Land
Dueling Remedies: Trespass to Chattels and Conversion
False Imprisonment: Protecting Freedom of Movement

coverage that mirrors the content of most Torts courses - intentional torts, negligence, causation, duty, damages, liability of multiple defendants, and the effect of the plaintiff's conduct
updated citations throughout the text that reflect the most current law
Taking a Torts Essay Exam, a three-chapter section that includes guidance, tips, and sample exam questions and answers

Take from that what you will. I won't pretend to know. That being said, I bought the 3rd edition for like $15, so I will probably just keep it and pay better attention to my professor on the bolded new subjects.

Thanks for doing that research. The good news is that of the three new chapters, only the first will have any importance to me. I just dont see that chapter being worth the $30+ price difference from 3rd ed...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”