1L Exam Questions and Links

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bigben

Re: 1L Exam Questions and Links

Postby bigben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm

1981be wrote:Taking a day off is a nice luxury if you can afford it, but that requires preparing very far ahead of time. In my experience I didn't know anyone who could pull it off. I would also concur that avoiding law talk after exams and before exams is a good thing.

If it's a morning exam, don't try to learn anything that morning. I had a routine where I was home by 6 or 7pm at the latest the night before the exam, watched some tv and fell asleep by 11pm or so.

Hm, well I guess you would have to make a judgment weighing the value of taking a day off vs. doing one more practice test, or whatever it is that you would be doing on that day (perhaps preparing for another exam?) I would only be inclined to take a day off (or half day or whatever) if it represented a net gain, not for luxury's sake.

1981be

Postby 1981be » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 am

It depends on your personality. I don't really get stressed about things, so I didn't need to de-stress the day before an exam. Plus I always get enough sleep during exam time (8-9 hours). For me, I liked to put in 8-10 hour days so the material was fresh in my mind. Since I kept a steady pace and didn't burn myself out, I never needed breaks.

I don't know about other posters, but for me each class requires a slightly different way of thinking. Getting myself into this mode of reasoning required that I be reviewing it the day before the exam. I wanted to go into the exam with nothing on my mind but the material, so for me reviewing the day before was key.

For several exams I was so focused on the exam and in tune with that style of reasoning that I ended up having dreams about the subject matter and working through hypo's in my dreams.....I know scary stuff.

BradyToMoss

Postby BradyToMoss » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 am

1981be wrote:It depends on your personality. I don't really get stressed about things, so I didn't need to de-stress the day before an exam. Plus I always get enough sleep during exam time (8-9 hours). For me, I liked to put in 8-10 hour days so the material was fresh in my mind. Since I kept a steady pace and didn't burn myself out, I never needed breaks.

I don't know about other posters, but for me each class requires a slightly different way of thinking. Getting myself into this mode of reasoning required that I be reviewing it the day before the exam. I wanted to go into the exam with nothing on my mind but the material, so for me reviewing the day before was key.

For several exams I was so focused on the exam and in tune with that style of reasoning that I ended up having dreams about the subject matter and working through hypo's in my dreams.....I know scary stuff.

I only dream about civpro and torts at this point. Pretty terrible. I blame it on the adderal.

nymentality

Postby nymentality » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:49 am

Hahahaha. Once again in a new phase of life, Top Law Schools comes through in the clutch!

rekopter

Postby rekopter » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm

nymentality wrote:Hahahaha. Once again in a new phase of life, Top Law Schools comes through in the clutch!

lol

Jay Wa

Postby Jay Wa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks TLS!

mikeymike

Postby mikeymike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Grad_Student wrote:This is a thread that will compile practice questions and study aids that can be found online. If you have anything to add, please PM me and I'll add it.

Cali lessons: Get password from your librarian.

--LinkRemoved--

Intentional Torts Hypos:

--LinkRemoved--

Practice Tests and Examsmanship (Examspersonship?):

http://www.docstoc.com/documents/educat ... aw-school/
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/exams.htm
http://www.lawnerds.com/guide/exam.html
http://www.ggu.edu/lawlibrary/studentst ... ams/course
--LinkRemoved--
http://www.nesl.edu/academics/examsdb.cfm
http://www.4lawschool.com/lawschoolexams.htm

Canned Briefs:

http://www.4lawschool.com/casebrief.htm

Outlines / Study Guides:

http://stclguns.homestead.com/ExamTakingTips.html
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/law_student4.htm
http://www.danbranum.com

I am starting to think that none of the links on the jurist.law.pitt website is working. I just clicked on the first three and they're all broken.

BradyToMoss

Postby BradyToMoss » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Mikeymike you need to get a life.

vidhartha

Postby vidhartha » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Friedmans Practice series? They're supposed to be a essays and exams with the A+ answer provided by the professor giving the exam. Seems like they would be useful come exam time. You can check out two chapters for free with this link --LinkRemoved-- . But as an 0L I have no idea whether they are good or really what I'm supposed to be looking for in the answers.

Merrill

Postby Merrill » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.

upgrade

Postby upgrade » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 am

Merrill wrote:Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.

They just changed the site a bit, I don't remember exactly where they are located, but they are still on their site somewhere.

Merrill

Postby Merrill » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 pm

upgrade wrote:
Merrill wrote:Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.

They just changed the site a bit, I don't remember exactly where they are located, but they are still on their site somewhere.

Can anyone direct me? The only link I can find is "Exams" under "Resources for Students," and it requires a password.

fightin illini 25

Postby fightin illini 25 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Good stuff, thanks to all of the posters for this info.

yesofcourse

Postby yesofcourse » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

fightin illini 25 wrote:Good stuff, thanks to all of the posters for this info.

yes

cornellbeez

Postby cornellbeez » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Also, for a few of the T14s, you can get your professors' old exams off the library website...fyi.

quidproquo

Postby quidproquo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 pm

this thread is godsend

KentuckyFried

Postby KentuckyFried » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:41 pm

thanks friends

lawlover829

Postby lawlover829 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks.

booker09

Postby booker09 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:05 pm

muchas graciasss

arhmcpo

Postby arhmcpo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 pm

I know it was briefly mentioned before but I was wondering if people could post links or info on Multiple Choice testing resources. I have the E&E books, other supplements, and my school has an exam bank of past hypo's but all these resources usually have very few, if any, Final Exam-level quality multiple choice questions, and at least at my school it makes up 1/3 of your grade on the test.

BradyToMoss

Postby BradyToMoss » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 pm

arhmcpo wrote:I know it was briefly mentioned before but I was wondering if people could post links or info on Multiple Choice testing resources. I have the E&E books, other supplements, and my school has an exam bank of past hypo's but all these resources usually have very few, if any, Final Exam-level quality multiple choice questions, and at least at my school it makes up 1/3 of your grade on the test.

For CivPro, the Glannon Guide has lots of multiple choice questions and is an excellent resource. There's also a Glannon Guide or Crim Law, but by a different author and the questions are not as good. I flipped through a torts supp quick that also had MC questions that were pretty good, I'll try and remember the name.

samiseaborn

Postby samiseaborn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:19 pm

For those of us studying for midterms and I suppose gunning for finals, should we maybe start a new list of which school still make their exams available online? A lot of the links in that first post no longer work and/or have become password protected.

Still working:
American University
Golden Gate University

Euronupe

Postby Euronupe » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm

tag

mikeytwoshoes

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm

^Most annoying post ever

hayman