Has Anyone Ever Had Stafford Loans Disappear???? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Gold

Has Anyone Ever Had Stafford Loans Disappear????

Post by goosey » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm

my financial aid page used to show my stafford loans---and also that I would be getting a refund from the school--money that I NEED to cover commuting, books, and a laptop. I just logged in to check on the refund status and my loans arent there anymore! It says "0" next to direct subsidized...and under financial aid remaining it also says 0. I am freaking out because all the offices are closed right now.

Has this happened to anyone else???

Gold

Re: Has Anyone Ever Had Stafford Loans Disappear????

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 pm

goosey wrote:my financial aid page used to show my stafford loans---and also that I would be getting a refund from the school--money that I NEED to cover commuting, books, and a laptop. I just logged in to check on the refund status and my loans arent there anymore! It says "0" next to direct subsidized...and under financial aid remaining it also says 0. I am freaking out because all the offices are closed right now.

You're going to have to give your school to get any kind of help. They are controlled individually by the school. Do you think they are randomly disappearing from all over the US or what?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:54 pm

blowhard wrote:
goosey wrote:my financial aid page used to show my stafford loans---and also that I would be getting a refund from the school--money that I NEED to cover commuting, books, and a laptop. I just logged in to check on the refund status and my loans arent there anymore! It says "0" next to direct subsidized...and under financial aid remaining it also says 0. I am freaking out because all the offices are closed right now.

You're going to have to give your school to get any kind of help. They are controlled individually by the school. Do you think they are randomly disappearing from all over the US or what?

no, I mean has anyone else experienced this in the past that can shed some light as to what kind of issue there might be? I already emailed my school...offices are closed, hence the freaking out and posting.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 pm

goosey wrote:
blowhard wrote:

no, I mean has anyone else experienced this in the past that can shed some light as to what kind of issue there might be? I already emailed my school...offices are closed, hence the freaking out and posting.
Dude you're fine. They can always re-do them. Plenty of time. I'm guessing it was just a fluke or they applied the loans to your student account which is likely maintained with a different office so the finaid office no longer has eyes on them.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 am

thanks, I didnt do the entrance counseling (I just realized)--is the entrance counseling quiz important enough to cancel my loans? thats the only thing I can think of...

anyway, hopefully it all works out..sigh

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 am

goosey wrote:thanks, I didnt do the entrance counseling (I just realized)--is the entrance counseling quiz important enough to cancel my loans? thats the only thing I can think of...

anyway, hopefully it all works out..sigh
Probably. It's mandatory from the federal government.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 am

then i guess the mystery is solved!
thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”