Word Folder Setup for Classes

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
corporatelaw87

Word Folder Setup for Classes

Postby corporatelaw87 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:22 pm

So I am setting up Word for classes, I am going to have a folder for each class then sub folders. I am thinking having a sub folder for class notes, outlines, and maybe case briefs. Is there anything else I should include in my Word folders?

Re: Word Folder Setup for Classes

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:26 pm

corporatelaw87 wrote:So I am setting up Word for classes, I am going to have a folder for each class then sub folders. I am thinking having a sub folder for class notes, outlines, and maybe case briefs. Is there anything else I should include in my Word folders?

Don't use Word for this. Seriously...get onenote. It will keep you way more organized.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:41 pm

blowhard wrote:
corporatelaw87 wrote:So I am setting up Word for classes, I am going to have a folder for each class then sub folders. I am thinking having a sub folder for class notes, outlines, and maybe case briefs. Is there anything else I should include in my Word folders?

Don't use Word for this. Seriously...get onenote. It will keep you way more organized.

This. Almost everyone recommends OneNote over Word, or anything else for that matter. I did the same thing you are doing (setting up some sort of organization system) and it looks so much better in OneNote than it would it Word. All you stuff is right in front of you, but organized at the same time.

FYI I thought to organize in the same way you have - notes, briefs, and outline - for each class. No idea if I'll keep it that way but I figure it's a start.

corporatelaw87

Postby corporatelaw87 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Just looked at OneNote....looks a little more complex than Word, but I guess i would have to get used to it. What makes it so much better for outlining though, and whats the quickest way to learn to use all of the features?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm

I think when you first open it there is a kind of tutorial that will walk you through a lot of its features. The main thing is the notebook organization of OneNote that puts everything in front of you. For instance, I have a notebook for the semester, a section group for each class, and 3 sections within each section group (one for notes, briefs, and outline). Another cool thing is hyperlinking to other blocks of text/documents within OneNote. The screen capture thing is cool too.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”