What do you guys think of this?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
MTal

Re: What do you guys think of this?

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 am

yo! wrote:
MTal wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:MTal is that your dad lol

No. My father is currently doing scientific research overseas. I neither live with my parents, nor have 6 figure law school debt. After leaving my 1st year of law school, I embarked on a career which is both fulfilling and lets me live financially independently. I am not rich by any means, however, I still hope to amass enough capital to start my own business in a few years.

So, I'll ask you this again: what the hell are you doing on here? If you are so happy with you decision to quit law school, that's awesome; enjoy it and stop trolling internet forums to project misery onto others. With the tone of your posts, I don't see how you could possibly claim that you are actually trying to help anyone. I'll let you in on a little secret; everyone here thinks you are a loser.......actually, Ill take that further: a loser and a whining pussy. The "my life is so good" act doesn't fool anyone, your posts just reek of bitterness. If your life is so great, get off TLS and live it.

When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:32 am

My feelings on this issue are divided.

Yes, it's annoying to have someone start threads on topics that have been (re)done over and over again.

But,

Yes, -speaking from the position of a CCN kid not paying sticker - it's necessary to have someone shower doom and gloom upon us as all here and there.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am

MTal wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:2. Where did you start law school

T2 state school on scholarship.

Why did you leave? (Aside from your managerial position at Burger King)

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am

Kohinoor wrote:MTal, you incurred no law school debt and were able to transition successfully and get your accounting license. In all likelihood, you were able to save yourself from becoming a casualty of ITE. However.... why do you still even read this forum?

From what I've always understood, this isn't true. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Ty Webb

Postby Ty Webb » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:
MTal wrote:

No. My father is currently doing scientific research overseas. I neither live with my parents, nor have 6 figure law school debt. After leaving my 1st year of law school, I embarked on a career which is both fulfilling and lets me live financially independently. I am not rich by any means, however, I still hope to amass enough capital to start my own business in a few years.

So, I'll ask you this again: what the hell are you doing on here? If you are so happy with you decision to quit law school, that's awesome; enjoy it and stop trolling internet forums to project misery onto others. With the tone of your posts, I don't see how you could possibly claim that you are actually trying to help anyone. I'll let you in on a little secret; everyone here thinks you are a loser.......actually, Ill take that further: a loser and a whining pussy. The "my life is so good" act doesn't fool anyone, your posts just reek of bitterness. If your life is so great, get off TLS and live it.

When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

You should find a woman.

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 am

Kohinoor wrote:MTal, you incurred no law school debt and were able to transition successfully and get your accounting license. In all likelihood, you were able to save yourself from becoming a casualty of ITE. However.... why do you still even read this forum?

In answer to your question, see above. However, just wanted to point out that the series 7 is not an accounting license but a brokerage license, i.e. lets me place trades on behalf of my clients, give financial advice, open client accounts, etc...

Edit: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Se ... ative_Exam
Last edited by MTal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 am

MTal wrote:When the hugely indebted student loan losers start whining about how they were "tricked" into taking out massive loans...who do you think is going to be bailing them out?

Wow biggest TROLL I've seen on these forums, do you just bounce from topic to topic and start new threads just so you can paste this quote in there. No one cares for your "advice". You clearly couldn't cut it at your shit law school so now you come on here just to post stupid shit and brag about your job at Burger King? seriously? GTFO

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 am

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:
MTal wrote:

No one.

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am

MTal wrote:
pugalicious wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Jealousy is so unbecoming.

Oh dear...I was so hoping to attract a man who is "not rich by any means, however, still hope[s] to amass enough capital to start [his] own business in a few years." not.

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 am

yo! wrote:

From what I've always understood, this isn't true. Correct me if I'm wrong....

I took on about 20k total. I hope to have it paid off very soon.

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 am

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:
MTal wrote:

Are you seriously spewing this tired argument again? Fuck man......get a life already.

fiftyonefifty

Postby fiftyonefifty » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:39 am

ibtl

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:40 am

pugalicious wrote:
MTal wrote:

Oh dear...I was so hoping to attract a man who is "not rich by any means, however, still hope[s] to amass enough capital to start [his] own business in a few years." not.

lol...I saw a dude on Wife Swap yesterday who had his own dogshit removal business...maybe MTal can hook up with him.

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:41 am

yo! wrote:
Are you seriously spewing this tired argument again? Fuck man......get a life already.

Soo...do you have anything to say which will contradict it?

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:42 am

yo! wrote:
pugalicious wrote:
MTal wrote:

lol...I saw a dude on Wife Swap yesterday who had his own dogshit removal business...maybe MTal can hook up with him.

That line of work is FAR more prestigious than what many MANY attorneys are currently doing.

enygma

Postby enygma » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:42 am

MTal wrote:

In answer to your question, see above. However, just wanted to point out that the series 7 is not an accounting license but a brokerage license, i.e. lets me place trades on behalf of my clients, give financial advice, open client accounts, etc...

Edit: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Se ... ative_Exam

are you patti blagojevich (LinkRemoved)?

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:44 am

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote: lol...I saw a dude on Wife Swap yesterday who had his own dogshit removal business...maybe MTal can hook up with him.

That line of work is FAR more prestigious than what many MANY attorneys are currently doing.

LOL @ yo!

Also, ITT MTal shows that "prestigious" does not mean what he thinks it means.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 am

The "majority" of users that post on this site are not "average" 0Ls most are educated and well prepared, which is why almost everyone that shares their scores have an LSAT of 165+, so your original post does not pertain to the majority of TLSers. So instead of bringing up this "argument" in every thread your in, just realize that nobody on here cares what you have to say, and stop copying and pasting the same series 7 bullshit in every thread.

Ty Webb

Postby Ty Webb » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 am

lol...I saw a dude on Wife Swap yesterday who had his own dogshit removal business...maybe MTal can hook up with him.[/quote]

That line of work is FAR more prestigious than what many MANY attorneys are currently doing.[/quote]

How does it feel knowing you gave your all to something and failed miserably, then quit?

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 am

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:

Soo...do you have anything to say which will contradict it?

A previous poster beat me to it.....
no one
. And hell, even if some sort of program happened....the affect of law student debt would be pretty minute in the grand scale of things. But don't worry MTal, if this ever happened, I pinkie promise to pay back all of my debt. I have a previous job to fall back on that pays decently and my wife has a good job. :wink:

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 am

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 am

pugalicious wrote:
MTal wrote:
yo! wrote: lol...I saw a dude on Wife Swap yesterday who had his own dogshit removal business...maybe MTal can hook up with him.

LOL @ yo!

Also, ITT MTal shows that "prestigious" does not mean what he thinks it means.

Are you saying you'd rather be doing Doc review in some windowless basement for $20/hour no OT or benefits, as opposed to owning your own business where you take in all the profits and set your own hours?

MTal

Postby MTal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:48 am

yo! wrote: But don't worry MTal, if this ever happened, I pinkie promise to pay back all of my debt. I have a previous job to fall back on that pays decently and my wife has a good job. :wink:

Please don't be offended if I choose not to take your word for it.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:49 am

MTal just because you couldn't make it through law school, and your sister made it through the People's College of Law and now can't get a job, does not mean that the same thing is going to happen to the majority of TLS users. Tell your dad to stop crying too.

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:50 am

How does it feel knowing you gave your all to something and failed miserably, then quit?

It's got to be difficult. In truth, I'd actually feel damn sorry for the guy if he wasn't a complete douchebag...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”