Tobacco use in Law School Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Crowing

Gold

Re: Tobacco use in Law School

Post by Crowing » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Cigarettes are twice as expensive here as where I'm from. That by itself has cut me down dramatically.

Hipster but Athletic

Gold

Post by Hipster but Athletic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:23 pm

E-cigarettes are the least cool thing ever.

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I friggin love my e-cig, and nobody's said anything untoward about it to me. I frequently have people come up and ask me what it is, though. Only annoyance is when folks think I'm using it to quit nicotine altogether, and so say something like, "It's great that you've taken your first step to quitting!" They mean well, but I already DID quit smoking, and I use e-cigs cause I enjoy them, and they're a relatively harmless addiction. And I use a big, weird-looking one too (see: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ ... i-nova.jpg ), so if you're using a cig-looking one or a pen-style one, I don't think anyone's gonna be weirded out at all. Personally, switching to e-cigs from cigarettes was one of the best things I ever did. And if you live in a colder area, they're a lifesaver.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”