Failed one class.. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
StudentAthlete

New

Re: Failed one class..

Post by StudentAthlete » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

I agree with the aforementioned comment about checking the student handbook. I'm sure it details the route you can take, and further, I doubt one F would be an automatic kick-out-of-school card if the rest of your GPA brings you above a 2.0 or 2.5 (depending on the school's min). Hopefully they let you retake the class and best of luck!

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 pm

ggocat wrote:
dominkay wrote:I feel like failing Con Law is an especially big deal. I would reconsider the law school thing if I were you, especially given where you're going to school.
Reading xoxo lately?
Fo real

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:11 pm

StudentAthlete wrote:I agree with the aforementioned comment about checking the student handbook. I'm sure it details the route you can take, and further, I doubt one F would be an automatic kick-out-of-school card if the rest of your GPA brings you above a 2.0 or 2.5 (depending on the school's min). Hopefully they let you retake the class and best of luck!

0L? Your law professors will knock words like that right out of you.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
dominkay wrote:I feel like failing Con Law is an especially big deal. I would reconsider the law school thing if I were you, especially given where you're going to school.
An OL gives their opinion on what failing a class in law school means, and then has the balls to strike at the level of the school, as if that fucking means anything.

What ever happened to the days when you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about, you kept your fucking trap shut?
Whats an zero L?

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:24 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
An OL gives their opinion on what failing a class in law school means, and then has the balls to strike at the level of the school, as if that fucking means anything.

What ever happened to the days when you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about, you kept your fucking trap shut?
Whats an zero L?
That's a 0? I definitely saw an O. So I read it as "An offensive lineman gives their opinion..." Definitely made for a helluva laugh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 pm

D-ROCCA wrote:
Attucks wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: That said (and this is coming from a 0L, so take it with a grain of very tasty salt)
Had to do it...
Thank god.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

Whats an zero L?
:lol:
Damn you!!

I'll be back in 2 months when it will no longer matter that the o and the 0 are so close together!!

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 am

Turned out to be less of a problem than I thought. Talked to the dean today and I'm not on probation or anything, just will likely have to retake the class before I can graduate..

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 am

Pablo Ramirez wrote:Damn
24 hour time out. If you're going to post something, make it at least the tiniest bit productive, entertaining, or otherwise conceivably within the realm of worthwhileness.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hithere

Bronze

Post by hithere » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 am

D-ROCCA wrote:
Attucks wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote: That said (and this is coming from a 0L, so take it with a grain of very tasty salt)
Had to do it...

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 am

Boyk1182 wrote:Turned out to be less of a problem than I thought. Talked to the dean today and I'm not on probation or anything, just will likely have to retake the class before I can graduate..
That's good. I failed a class in high school and in college. I still graduated from both. :lol:

StudentAthlete

New

Post by StudentAthlete » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

A'nold wrote:
StudentAthlete wrote:I agree with the aforementioned comment about checking the student handbook. I'm sure it details the route you can take, and further, I doubt one F would be an automatic kick-out-of-school card if the rest of your GPA brings you above a 2.0 or 2.5 (depending on the school's min). Hopefully they let you retake the class and best of luck!

0L? Your law professors will knock words like that right out of you.
2L, and based upon my grades being within the top 10%, your assumptions are piss poor.

nn223

New

Post by nn223 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Boyk1182 wrote:So, what happens if you fail one class during 1L, but otherwise do fine? Retake during first semester of 2L, next summer, kicked out of school?!

(It's not LRW, just a regular class, 2nd tier school)

drop out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:Damn
24 hour time out. If you're going to post something, make it at least the tiniest bit productive, entertaining, or otherwise conceivably within the realm of worthwhileness.

Ahh, the banhammer has emerged!

bedbathandbeheadings

New

Post by bedbathandbeheadings » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:21 pm

nn223 wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:So, what happens if you fail one class during 1L, but otherwise do fine? Retake during first semester of 2L, next summer, kicked out of school?!

drop out.
titcr

Geat27

New

Post by Geat27 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Boyk1182 wrote:Turned out to be less of a problem than I thought. Talked to the dean today and I'm not on probation or anything, just will likely have to retake the class before I can graduate..
Congrats! You live to fight another day.

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Bankhead wrote:
That's good. I failed a class in high school and in college. I still graduated from both. :lol:
lol I got a few at both of those levels too..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hi_im_josh

New

Post by hi_im_josh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 am

bedbathandbeheadings wrote:
nn223 wrote:

drop out.
titcr
this

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 am

seriously how did you fail a class?
I misread 1 whole exam question on my con law exam and I still ended up with an above average grade. That one question was worth 40% of my grade.

AlasLavinia

New

Post by AlasLavinia » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Wait, wait. Back the eff up.

I know who would have the answer to this question, and it sure as hell ain't TLS! How about you go and talk to a school administrator, a registrar staff member, or your academic support representative! They are the people with the knowledge and training to respond to your question.

That said, the regulations are in my school handbook. Maybe you should check there first.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”