0L? READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM! Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Diamond

0L? READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM!

Post by 20160810 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:10 am

You're starting law school in the fall, and you have questions. That's fine. But this forum is for CURRENT LAW STUDENTS. During the summer it always clogs up with 0L threads like "Should I read E&Es standing on my head or whilst listening to Yanni?"

So you've still got a question you're burning to have answered?

Read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=26949 Someone has probably already asked it.

Not in there? Read it again. It probably is. Still need an answer? USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION BECAUSE YOUR QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED.

What I'm trying to get at is that this really, really isn't the place to post 0L questions. Pretty much the rest of TLS is your place. Come back here once you've started school. If there's something you're absolutely burning to ask, then post it. You won't be banned, but the mods might lock your thread if we feel like you ignored this warning and posted without searching.

Finally, here's the only advice you really need the summer before law school: Go have some fun.

Cavalier

Gold

Re: 0L? READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM!

Post by Cavalier » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 am

You never answered the question: should I read E&Es standing on my head or whilst listening to Yanni?

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 am

This is sorta worthless.

The 0L's next year aren't going to search "should I post in the 'forum for law students?'" and most this year aren't going to pay attention to your 345 am warning.

The most you can really hope for is the "0L disclaimer" catching on.

PS...0L disclaimer.

yinz

Bronze

Post by yinz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Finally, here's the only advice you really need the summer before law school: Go have some fun.
I think the link is broken on the "Go have some fun" line. Can you reup the link so I can see what that means.

-0L(ife)

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:This is sorta worthless
See you next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:56 pm

thesealocust wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:This is sorta worthless
See you next week.
YES. Finally some frontier justice here in the Forum for Law School Students. I hope this enforcement trend keeps up.
+1

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Why are you all so hostile? Kobe did have a valid point to make. Why applaud a cop gone rogue?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:04 pm

LjakW wrote:Why are you all so hostile? Kobe did have a valid point to make. Why applaud a cop gone rogue?
You'll understand after 1L.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:08 pm

LjakW wrote:Why are you all so hostile? Kobe did have a valid point to make. Why applaud a cop gone rogue?
Because the internet isn't a democracy.

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
I have finished 1L. Since I've been on TLS longer than anyone on this thread, perhaps you can explain it to me...
I'm not complaining about the underlying policy of the 0L rule, just the wisdom of banning Kobe here.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:21 pm

LjakW wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
I have finished 1L. Since I've been on TLS longer than anyone on this thread, perhaps you can explain it to me...
I'm not complaining about the underlying policy of the 0L rule, just the wisdom of banning Kobe here.
It's only a week-long ban. I think the point is to make an example so other 0Ls know that the rule isn't just a paper tiger.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lbeezy

Gold

Post by lbeezy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:22 pm

LjakW wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
I was going to say now you aren't but you joined four days before me. Dammit.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:25 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
LjakW wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
It's only a week-long ban. I think the point is to make an example so other 0Ls know that the rule isn't just a paper tiger.

Obviously the point got across...

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=121313
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=121347
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=73678
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=121125
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=121136
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=117094
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=120910
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =3&t=77649

I understand the rule, it makes sense but 0L's have a lot of questions and they want to talk to law students. Maybe the "Law School FAQ" thread needs a better description?

Maybe the "Forum for Law School Students" needs to sound less like a "topics 0L's are surely going to ask about the summer before they start school" (Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )???

I'm not trying to sass, I'm just sayin.' Where 0L's should and shouldn't be posting the summer before school starts is rather unclear.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Easiest way to control this issue is to make it so people under a predetermined number of posts can't make a new thread (like 50, something low). I am on another board that does that and it is quite effective.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

CG614 wrote:Easiest way to control this issue is to make it so people under a predetermined number of posts can't make a new thread (like 50, something low). I am on another board that does that and it is quite effective.
+1 with the additional measure that TLS require all members to designate their class year. 0Ls, while being allowed to read any post within the Forum for Law Students/Transfers/Legal Employments areas, should not be allowed to post in these three forums regardless of their post count. The post count requirement is just there to disincent some 0L from creating a 1-3L/grad alt.

The absolute worst is when some 0L posts in the transfer forum asking members to "rate their chances" of a successful transfer to X school when they haven't even matriculated at law school yet.
Last edited by solidsnake on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm a 0L. Should I use the search function to try and find answers to my questions before posting them? Any help is appreciated-thanks in advance!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm

sundance95 wrote:I'm a 0L. Should I use the search function to try and find answers to my questions before posting them? Any help is appreciated-thanks in advance!
1.) Nice SA tar
2.) Yes
3.) If you search and cannot find, you are welcome to post here, but the "law school FAQ" section is where such queries should ideally be put.

Kobe, you're right that the situation is not clearly labeled enough. That's why I started this thread, to help clear the confusion up a bit, but perhaps relabeling the FAQ forum is a good idea.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:27 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
sundance95 wrote:I'm a 0L. Should I use the search function to try and find answers to my questions before posting them? Any help is appreciated-thanks in advance!
1.) Nice SA tar
2.) Yes
3.) If you search and cannot find, you are welcome to post here, but the "law school FAQ" section is where such queries should ideally be put.

Kobe, you're right that the situation is not clearly labeled enough. That's why I started this thread, to help clear the confusion up a bit, but perhaps relabeling the FAQ forum is a good idea.
"mod sass" - really?

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:01 am

Going to unsticky this thread and let it drift into the night. I think that people have gotten the memo.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”