Bar Review Support Group Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Miniver

Bronze

Re: Bar Review Support Group

Post by Miniver » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Last edited by Miniver on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Miniver wrote:...

He was implying that booyakasha would be banned for booyakasha's post.
No, I wasn't. Booya was banned as a result of her post.

Miniver

Bronze

Post by Miniver » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 pm

chris0805

Silver

Post by chris0805 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 pm

The real question is whether being this close to the bar exam creates a presumption of temporary insanity that would negate the requisite mens rea for abuse of mod power...

Judging on my current state of mind as an example, I would be likely to acquit.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 pm

chris0805 wrote:The real question is whether being this close to the bar exam creates a presumption of temporary insanity that would negate the requisite mens rea for abuse of mod power...

Judging on my current state of mind as an example, I would be likely to acquit.
Nice argument.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 pm

I just want to say that after three+ years of being on here, I still have no idea how the Mods work/abuse/disavow responsibility. If it weren't for the fact that I have another four essays and 70-100 multiple choice questions to get through today, I would dedicate more time to answering some of my own questions.

[please don't ban, I'm trying to do some good].

NewHere

Bronze

Post by NewHere » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Nice argument, Chris, but it isn't a new problem, and with several mods on this site, not just Corsair. It hasn't just sprung up during bar-study time.

If anyone can make out duty and damages, we have a case of negligent entrustment here against Ken.

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

NewHere wrote:Nice argument, Chris, but it isn't a new problem, and with several mods on this site, not just Corsair. It hasn't just sprung up during bar-study time.

If anyone can make out duty and damages, we have a case of negligent entrustment here against Ken.
I mean, that's creative, but frankly I don't think Ken needs any help bringing down the site. He does a good enough job of that on his own. Though I suppose a little compensation for the time I've wasted here wouldn't be so bad.

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:59 pm

doyleoil wrote:
NewHere wrote:Nice argument, Chris, but it isn't a new problem, and with several mods on this site, not just Corsair. It hasn't just sprung up during bar-study time.

I mean, that's creative, but frankly I don't think Ken needs any help bringing down the site. He does a good enough job of that on his own. Though I suppose a little compensation for the time I've wasted here wouldn't be so bad.
On a related note, is anyone in the habit of contacting Ken on a regular basis? We emailed him last week and are wondering if there's a better way to reach him. I know he's not on here often and has other things going on, but we think he might be interested in what we have to say.

You guys don't get compensated? Not even a little?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:02 pm

observationalist wrote:
doyleoil wrote:

On a related note, is anyone in the habit of contacting Ken on a regular basis? We emailed him last week and are wondering if there's a better way to reach him. I know he's not on here often and has other things going on, but we think he might be interested in what we have to say.

Haha I'm not a mod (no way in HELL I'd waste my time like that). I was just referring to NewHere's negligent entrustment suit. And I have no idea how to get in touch with him. Pretend to be interested in buying a house in California?

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:40 pm

doyleoil wrote:
observationalist wrote:
doyleoil wrote:

Haha I'm not a mod (no way in HELL I'd waste my time like that). I was just referring to NewHere's negligent entrustment suit. And I have no idea how to get in touch with him. Pretend to be interested in buying a house in California?
We're exploring that route. My fellow board member happens to be in Palo Alto for the summer, so if nothing else he can schedule a walk-in.

And I didn't think you were a Mod but then again I don't really know what's going on. I guess if anyone does know how to reach Ken, I'd appreciate a PM.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Corsair wrote:God I've done so little work compared to all of you. I need to get serious this week. However I have been getting 60%+ correct on practice MBE's (supposedly in the 80% percentile of BarBri takers at the time) so I feel like I have a bit of cushion, given that 85% of people pass in Illinois.

Also I've never in my life written a practice essay, so I'm not sure it'd be helpful to start now.
Can you recover economic damages in a theory of strict liability against Blizzard Entertainment for the lack of an adequate warning that Diablo II may cause you to fail the bar?

Is misuse a defense?

Assumption of the risk?

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Useless day. Took a couple practice essays that shot my confidence in two subjects, and didn't get too far in the memorization department either.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 am

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:06 pm

KennyinGrinnell

New

Post by KennyinGrinnell » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:11 am

I took the NCBE MBE OPT1. Just finished it. Score (scaled I assume) was a 150. I went over the answers and I believe I got 72 out of 100 correct for a 144 raw. I know the scale is low on the test but I've also heard that these are mostly easy questions. Anyone else take this test yet?

I only did half of the Barbri MPQ2 half day test today getting 31/50.

I am definitely starting to feel good about getting at least a 135 (scaled) on the MBE. I think I am going to shift my focus almost exclusively to Massachusetts Essay Topics. At least in Mass there is a large crossover between the MBE topics and the Mass topics and Mass tends to adhere to common law leaving fewer distinctions.

How are you guys all doing? Staying sane?

Rabbitweed

New

Post by Rabbitweed » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 am

KennyinGrinnell wrote:I took the NCBE MBE OPT1. Just finished it. Score (scaled I assume) was a 150. I went over the answers and I believe I got 72 out of 100 correct for a 144 raw. I know the scale is low on the test but I've also heard that these are mostly easy questions. Anyone else take this test yet?

I only did half of the Barbri MPQ2 half day test today getting 31/50.

I am definitely starting to feel good about getting at least a 135 (scaled) on the MBE. I think I am going to shift my focus almost exclusively to Massachusetts Essay Topics. At least in Mass there is a large crossover between the MBE topics and the Mass topics and Mass tends to adhere to common law leaving fewer distinctions.

How are you guys all doing? Staying sane?
ups and downs. you feel comfortable with wills, put it aside for two days and feel like you're starting from scratch, and so on and so forth. but overall the graph is going up, lowly, slowly.

"it's a marathon, not a sprint"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 am

Starting to feel a little burned out; start to feel comfortable with one DE subject and then realize forgotten a lot of detail from the the others.

Good luck to everyone on the last few days.

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 am

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:15 pm

In the middle of the MPQ2 test right now... scored just about where they recommend on the first 100, no better, no worse. Also just got a nice writeup in ATL so that's distracting me at the moment.

chris0805

Silver

Post by chris0805 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Did well yesterday on a Pieper simulated MBE, but I have no idea how hard/easy the Pieper questions are in comparison to the real thing and then today I felt totally burnt out (doesn't help that I'm sick). Hoping to get more work on NY distinctions and essay mnemonics tomorrow.

One more week... hopefully I'm not saying that 7-8 months from now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PKSebben

Silver

Post by PKSebben » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm

chris0805 wrote:Did well yesterday on a Pieper simulated MBE, but I have no idea how hard/easy the Pieper questions are in comparison to the real thing and then today I felt totally burnt out (doesn't help that I'm sick). Hoping to get more work on NY distinctions and essay mnemonics tomorrow.

One more week... hopefully I'm not saying that 7-8 months from now.
Just a note for everyone to check out the actual essays from the last few years. They are so much more fair than the essays BARBRI puts out.

chris0805

Silver

Post by chris0805 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Alright, I think I'm ready. I definitely feel like I either know this stuff or I never will. I have maybe four sub-sections I want to go over and then just review NY/MBE distinctions for the NY multiple choice, but I'm ready for this beast to come and to get my life back. At this point, I'm just sick of it.

nealric

Post by nealric » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Anyone else just going stir crazy?

I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating on bar stuff now. I'm practicing at ~80% on MBE questions, I pretty much know the essay stuff. I just want to take the dang thing!

My fear is that I'm going to forget stuff If I don't pound stuff in :(

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”