Bar Review Support Group Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nealric

Re: Bar Review Support Group

Post by nealric » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:36 pm

For the benefit of next year's crop, my BarBri simulated MBE was in the high 120s and my final scaled MBE was in the mid 160s (raw low 150s). So yeah, the BarBri stuff is way harder than the real thing. I have heard of lots of other people whose final MBE scores were much, much higher than their simulated scores.
Yeah, my barbri simulated was in the low 100s and my final MBE score was in the 150s. I think the midterm is just a ploy to convince people they need to study more.

Rabbitweed

New

Post by Rabbitweed » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:37 pm

How would you know your final raw score? The attached letter only included the scaled one. Only failing candidates receive the full breakdown iirc.
Here: BarBri: 132 vs. scaled MBE 164
Thought the real MBE was much more vague than the BarBri questions, though.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 pm

God damn it. I thought this thread was going to be for people who get out of control weekly at Bar Review.

NewHere

Bronze

Post by NewHere » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Anyone still here?

Does anyone know how long it takes from sending in the paperwork to admission? (NY, First Dept.)

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 am

NewHere wrote:Anyone still here?

Does anyone know how long it takes from sending in the paperwork to admission? (NY, First Dept.)
I would give it a couple of months or so.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 am

piccolittle wrote:
NewHere wrote:Anyone still here?

I would give it a couple of months or so.

First Dep't tends to be quick(er) than the second. I was admitted in the second department about 4 months after sending a completed packet. First Dep't is probably closer to 2 months or so.. Have you take your manditory course on ethics at the Court house yet and submitted your app?

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I just got a letter saying I would be sworn in on the 20th (3rd dept).

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 pm

nealric wrote:
I just got a letter saying I would be sworn in on the 20th (3rd dept).

3rd and 4th are really quick. Congrats by the way. Its a nice ceremony. Make a few people close to you come along for the ride. I enjoyed it way more than graduation and it felt like it meant more. Again, congrats and good job! :)

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Congrats by the way. Its a nice ceremony. Make a few people close to you come along for the ride. I enjoyed it way more than graduation and it felt like it meant more. Again, congrats and good job!
Thanks RM. It's too bad that they made it in Albany in the middle of a work day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NewHere

Bronze

Post by NewHere » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Have you take your manditory course on ethics at the Court house yet and submitted your app?
Not applicable in the first department: in the meantime I got a letter with an interview date, orientation-course date, and swearing-in date. All in early Feb.

Edited to add: by "not applicable" I don't mean that we don't have to do the course in the 1st Dept., just that it's not something that is required before the application can be processed.

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah I contacted the third department to ask about the possibility of requesting a later date since I'm out of the country, and they basically said to get locked in for mid-March we just need to have our apps in by February, and for good measure we should state in our cover letter that we are requesting March.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”