Fun in the windy city? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
toolfan

Bronze

Fun in the windy city?

Post by toolfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:06 pm

I like beer. Actually, I really like beer. I like to drink beer socially. That includes drinking beer with my soon-to-be peers. However, after browsing these novelty rankings (--LinkRemoved--), I've come to what I hope is the premature conclusion that Chicago area law schools are boring. Are there any Kent/Depaul/Loyola kids that can shine some light on this VERY important issue? I've excluded N and C on purpose. I don't suppose they'd be any fun in the first place.

Kidding aside, what the hell Chicago?

Edit: According to the stats, Uni of Chicago and Northwestern are much more fun than I thought. I've got it all wrong.

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Re: Fun in the windy city?

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 pm

toolfan wrote:I like beer. Actually, I really like beer. I like to drink beer socially. That includes drinking beer with my soon-to-be peers. However, after browsing these novelty rankings (--LinkRemoved--), I've come to what I hope is the premature conclusion that Chicago area law schools are boring. Are there any Kent/Depaul/Loyola kids that can shine some light on this VERY important issue? I've excluded N and C on purpose. I don't suppose they'd be any fun in the first place.

Kidding aside, what the hell Chicago?

Edit: According to the stats, Uni of Chicago and Northwestern are much more fun than I thought. I've got it all wrong.
Good edit, because you were TOTALLY wrong. Chicago is arguably one of the most interesting cities in the US. There are all kind of different things to see and do for all sorts of folks.

And we've got killer beers with Goose Island Brewing right in the city. Matilda FTW.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 pm

I'll let you know what I think of Chicago after I go there in July. I will be there for three days-that is obviously more than enough time to form an accurate opinion.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Rest assured, Chicago is an incredibly fun city. In the summer, I think it's the best city in America. If you like beer, there are some veritable beer meccas in this town:

http://maproom.com/
http://hopleaf.com/
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--
http://revbrew.com/

ChiCity22

New

Post by ChiCity22 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Chicago is the funnest city in the world, rest assured you will have a great time. Nothing compares to summmer here, hittin the beach which is overflowing with beautiful woman in bikinis, then heading out to the bar scene which has a different vibe depending on what nieghborhood your partying in, if you like to drink beer Chicago will serve you well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm

lol wut?

Chicago is one of the biggest, most vibrant cities in America. It is full of clubs and bars and things to do. Also, I hate the Cubs, but I recommend spending time here:

Wrigley Field is a blast and the Wrigleyville area around there is full of great places to drink beer.

toolfan

Bronze

Post by toolfan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm looking forward to living in Chicago. It just surprised me to see that, according to that survey, chicago area law students don't seem to have social lives, atleast when compared to other law students at other institutions. I was trying to be facetious, tho, as I'm sure I'll enjoy myself and the city, irrespective of my peers. Oh and thanks for those beer spots. I'll definately be checking those out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”