Living & Working in Chicago Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
motiontodismiss

Silver

Re: Living & Working in Chicago

Post by motiontodismiss » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote: EDIT: Oh, and my last place in Schaumburg was about the same square footage as my new place in Roscoe for the same price. The burbs (if you want to be in one that actually has some character/stuff to do) are no cheaper.
There really is no reason to live in the burbs unless you have kids. They are boring as fuck.
Or unless you want to buy a place and you live in New York City, and do not possess a trust fund....

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:27 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote: EDIT: Oh, and my last place in Schaumburg was about the same square footage as my new place in Roscoe for the same price. The burbs (if you want to be in one that actually has some character/stuff to do) are no cheaper.
There really is no reason to live in the burbs unless you have kids. They are boring as fuck.
Or unless you want to buy a place and you live in New York City, and do not possess a trust fund....
Yea, sorry, I was referring to Chicago. In Chicago the savings isn't as much.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

LoyolaLaw2012 wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote: They call it the windy city for a reason,

That's actually not why Chicago is called the windy city. Instead, it is named after its politicians. But yes, it gets quite cold.
Guess you learn something new everyday.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Yea, sorry, I was referring to Chicago. In Chicago the savings isn't as much.
I figured lol. Nobody working biglaw in NYC can reasonably afford to buy in Manhattan. They all get priced out into Westchester (or worse, Jersey :twisted: ).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”