I need advice on divorce...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
wonderlaw

I need advice on divorce...

Postby wonderlaw » Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm

I know that is basic law, but I have yet to begin law school and am having trouble finding assistance on-line.
I am getting divorced and have no idea where to begin. We are pretty agreeable on it and I don't think we would really need lawyers to resolve anything. Where do I start? I know that I need to file a summary dissolution, but where do I submit this? Does anyone have some easy how-to advice on getting divorced? Do I need to be separated before filing for divorced?
We are married in California.
Last edited by wonderlaw on Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardfitzwell

Re: I need advice on divorce...

Postby richardfitzwell » Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

wonderlaw wrote:I know that is basic law, but I have yet to begin law school and am having trouble finding assistance on-line.
I am getting divorced and have no idea where to begin. We are pretty agreeable on it and I don't think we would really need lawyers to resolve anything. Where do I start? I know that I need to file a summary dissolution, but where do I submit this? Does anyone have some easy how-to advice on getting divorced? Do I need to be separated before filing for divorced?

You can start my cutting all your shit in half............................computer first.

P.S. this is not legal advice.

ricking1288

Postby ricking1288 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:27 pm

richardfitzwell wrote:
wonderlaw wrote:I know that is basic law, but I have yet to begin law school and am having trouble finding assistance on-line.

You can start my cutting all your shit in half............................computer first.

P.S. this is not legal advice.

+1

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Um, that sucks and im sorry. check your particular state's judiciary website, there should be forms for self-represented litigants.

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Thu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm

All I can tell you is from personal experince I know why a divorce is so expensive...becuase its fucking worth it

richardfitzwell

Postby richardfitzwell » Thu May 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Well it is good that you are getting a divorce anyway because law school will make you wife less obedient.......

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”