Has law school made your wives less obedient? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
t_flores08

New

Re: Has law school made your wives less obedient?

Post by t_flores08 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 pm

beef wellington wrote:
t_flores08 wrote:Alright, can I ask how everyone is making the pics? LoL, I am reading thru random threads and whenever I see them, I can't help it laugh. If anyone can just point me in the right direction or tell me what the pics are called (I wanna say "meme's", but not sure), I would greatly appreciate it. Some of these are just too funny.
memegenerator
Thank you!

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu May 27, 2010 1:41 pm

t_flores08 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
t_flores08 wrote:Alright, can I ask how everyone is making the pics? LoL, I am reading thru random threads and whenever I see them, I can't help it laugh. If anyone can just point me in the right direction or tell me what the pics are called (I wanna say "meme's", but not sure), I would greatly appreciate it. Some of these are just too funny.
memegenerator
Thank you!
I approve of your tar

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Paichka wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Actually on a semi related note, awhile back I had a guy I was casually dating break things off with me because he didn't see longterm potential in me. When I asked why he told me that "that law school thing" is too intimidating and it wasn't what he had in mind for his ideal girl. Then he asked me if I'd give up an acceptance at a top school and stay in the state for him. I laughed as I cheerily called a cab to take me home.

I get this thread is lolzy and it definitely made me giggle, but it reminded me of a guy who was scarily serious about the whole idea that women should stay home and make sandwiches. Somewhat more mature men in law school won't be like that....will they?
Some dudes are like this, and it drives me nuts. I run into it ALL THE TIME in the Army. Particularly older, field grade officers (colonels, generals, etc) find out I'm married with a kid, and they look at me like I have a head growing out of my ass. It's like the fact that I'm working outside the home just doesn't compute with them.

Thank god my husband isn't like that...or if he is, it's buried really deep. :) I told him I'll be his sugar-momma, and he's cool with that. A rare find in an Army officer.

Does he have a hot older/younger brother?

My ex broke up with me because I made more money than him...right now. He's trying to come back now saying he was being stupid but...well...he's stupid. He's penning a book and looks at my possible career as emasculating.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:30 pm

trialjunky wrote:
Paichka wrote:
Rikkugrrl wrote:Actually on a semi related note, awhile back I had a guy I was casually dating break things off with me because he didn't see longterm potential in me. When I asked why he told me that "that law school thing" is too intimidating and it wasn't what he had in mind for his ideal girl. Then he asked me if I'd give up an acceptance at a top school and stay in the state for him. I laughed as I cheerily called a cab to take me home.

I get this thread is lolzy and it definitely made me giggle, but it reminded me of a guy who was scarily serious about the whole idea that women should stay home and make sandwiches. Somewhat more mature men in law school won't be like that....will they?
Some dudes are like this, and it drives me nuts. I run into it ALL THE TIME in the Army. Particularly older, field grade officers (colonels, generals, etc) find out I'm married with a kid, and they look at me like I have a head growing out of my ass. It's like the fact that I'm working outside the home just doesn't compute with them.

Thank god my husband isn't like that...or if he is, it's buried really deep. :) I told him I'll be his sugar-momma, and he's cool with that. A rare find in an Army officer.

Does he have a hot older/younger brother?

My ex broke up with me because I made more money than him...right now. He's trying to come back now saying he was being stupid but...well...he's stupid. He's penning a book and looks at my possible career as emasculating.
Insecurity ftl?

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Thu May 27, 2010 4:37 pm

This is why we have the internet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:55 pm

ChardPennington wrote:Discuss. I find for mine this has yes been case but is slight, can sometimes accept. Make orders into discussions not bad maybe for modern marriage.

Ha! "Obey" in the marriage vows is not to be taken literally, really.

ChardPennington

Silver

Post by ChardPennington » Thu May 27, 2010 8:21 pm

andreea7 wrote:
ChardPennington wrote:Discuss. I find for mine this has yes been case but is slight, can sometimes accept. Make orders into discussions not bad maybe for modern marriage.

I am strongly of disagreement with your statement. There is offer, acceptance, valuable consideration meaning fruits of my labor and seed from my loins to bear strong sons. Under New York or California approach, one can find no ambiguity here - issue is more that as modern man I try to forgive minor breach, not treat as constructive condition yes?

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Thu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm

ChardPennington wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

I am strongly of disagreement with your statement. There is offer, acceptance, valuable consideration meaning fruits of my labor and seed from my loins to bear strong sons. Under New York or California approach, one can find no ambiguity here - issue is more that as modern man I try to forgive minor breach, not treat as constructive condition yes?
I'm hearing this with a strong Russian accent, and oh, it's epic.

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 am

He probably 1) wants kids 2) doesn't want to be the primary caretaker or at least not as much as a lawyer counterpart would necessitate 3) doesn't want to outsource the raising of his children.

Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 am

romothesavior wrote:

I think most well-educated, mature guys won't think that. I personally would go crazy if my (future) wife was just a stay at home mom for the majority of our relationship. Still, I think the vast majority of guys want to be the primary breadwinner. It is a hard mentality to overcome.
non-lawyer =/= 100% stay-at-home

Miles of middle ground between two extremes.

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Sat May 29, 2010 10:04 am

bigben wrote:

He probably 1) wants kids 2) doesn't want to be the primary caretaker or at least not as much as a lawyer counterpart would necessitate 3) doesn't want to outsource the raising of his children.

Pretty reasonable if you ask me.
Seems reasonable to me too.

As to "somewhat more mature men in law school . . ." I think you'll actually find significantly more of this attitude. I know a number of men who are looking for a woman who will not necessarily stay home with the kids, but at least have a job that is flexible enough that they can put more time into child-rearing, since the male law students are aware they likely won't have much time for it.

I'm a woman, and seeing as no one has criticized me for stating that I would like to fall in love with a man who will stay home with kids or work flexibly, I can't imagine criticizing a guy for thinking logically about what he wants for his future kids and looking for a mate who will match up with that. Parenting-wise, I think it makes sense to have a primary breadwinner and a primary caretaker - nice division of labor, there. If a man OR woman is putting him or herself in line to be the primary breadwinner, why not look for a primary caretaker to counterbalance that?

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 am

^Yep.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sat May 29, 2010 10:44 am

ChardPennington wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

Wrong. Contract unenforceable because subject to statute of frauds as a contract made upon consideration of marriage, Restatement (Second) of Contracts Section 110(1)(c). You'd need a writing that shows subject matter and essential terms, bub.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Sat May 29, 2010 10:56 am

ChardPennington wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:54 pm

My ex (from UG, moved here after college because he grew up here...good thing I liked Chicago anyway haha) told me that law school was the dumbest prospect he'd ever heard of, especially for a woman. He then demanded I cook for him and clean up after him. I told him I wasn't his mother nor a maid, so he should either move home or hire someone, because if he actually expected me to be his slave, he could shove it up his ass.

He didn't get it.

I moved out.

Fast forward 3ish years...I now have a fiance who wants to work from home (he's in sales) once my career is on track, and is proud of the fact that he's got a smart woman. He's a pretty bright fellow, and wants someone who can hold a conversation with him.

To top it off, he is SO MUCH better looking than my ex. Hope his mediocre looking ass finds a woman who will be his bitch 24/7, because this girl was NOT IT.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:02 pm

chicagolaw2013 wrote:My ex (from UG, moved here after college because he grew up here...good thing I liked Chicago anyway haha) told me that law school was the dumbest prospect he'd ever heard of, especially for a woman. He then demanded I cook for him and clean up after him. I told him I wasn't his mother nor a maid, so he should either move home or hire someone, because if he actually expected me to be his slave, he could shove it up his ass.

He didn't get it.

I moved out.

Fast forward 3ish years...I now have a fiance who wants to work from home (he's in sales) once my career is on track, and is proud of the fact that he's got a smart woman. He's a pretty bright fellow, and wants someone who can hold a conversation with him.

To top it off, he is SO MUCH better looking than my ex. Hope his mediocre looking ass finds a woman who will be his bitch 24/7, because this girl was NOT IT.
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

chicagolaw2013

Silver

Post by chicagolaw2013 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:12 pm

MrKappus wrote:
chicagolaw2013 wrote:My ex (from UG, moved here after college because he grew up here...good thing I liked Chicago anyway haha) told me that law school was the dumbest prospect he'd ever heard of, especially for a woman. He then demanded I cook for him and clean up after him. I told him I wasn't his mother nor a maid, so he should either move home or hire someone, because if he actually expected me to be his slave, he could shove it up his ass.

He didn't get it.

I moved out.

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
lawl

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:19 pm

I always get to this threads so late :(

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

GeePee wrote:
ChardPennington wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--
oh man. the thread was good before this picture, but now it's like the best thread eva.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 pm

ChardPennington wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

Statute of Frauds in there somewhere. :wink:

ChardPennington

Silver

Post by ChardPennington » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 pm

To update first SOF not applicable because consideration not marriage itself but rather shot to legitimate bear fruit of my loins, which is privilege in itself.

Unfortunately, looks as if we are for divorce. Quality of housework much slipping, beyond parameters for which legal education might serve as valid excuse. This saddens me that such feelings are treated as joking, but I will find others. Thanks of course to those who did understand.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:48 pm

ChardPennington wrote:To update first SOF not applicable because consideration not marriage itself but rather shot to legitimate bear fruit of my loins, which is privilege in itself.

Unfortunately, looks as if we are for divorce. Quality of housework much slipping, beyond parameters for which legal education might serve as valid excuse. This saddens me that such feelings are treated as joking, but I will find others. Thanks of course to those who did understand.
Thanks for this truly excellent thread.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 pm

How does this thread not have bachelor frog on every page? --ImageRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”