Corporations/Corporate taxation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
engineer

Bronze

Corporations/Corporate taxation

Post by engineer » Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 am

Do any of you know any good supplements/hornbooks/textbooks for Corporations and Corporate Taxation? From searching TLS, it seems like the E&E and Emmanuel's are a bit outdated to be of any use... Also, would it be wise to print like ~400 pages of crap (like maybe an entire hornbook) through the lexis printers?

I'm just looking to do a little preparation this summer.

ANON3333

New

Re: Corporations/Corporate taxation

Post by ANON3333 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:03 am

I found the Lexis Understanding series to be somewhat helpful for Corporations. The issues in Corporations generally delineate between duty of care and state law (generally Delaware) issues on one side, which are probably going to be somewhat more idiosyncratic to your professor and the case book, versus the federal issues falling under the SEC rules and such. The latter issues are more BLL and perhaps approachable in a supplement.

ANON3333

New

Post by ANON3333 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Also, at some point you may want to check out this high quality blog that provides a current perspective on the 10b-5 sec issues.
http://www.the10b-5daily.com/

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Sat May 22, 2010 4:44 pm

There is a brand new edition of the corporate tax E&E that was released summer of 2009, I believe. It has been a lifesaver. I also like the Black Letter Law Outline on Partnership and Corporate Tax.

Most of the material that my class has covered has been fairly static for several years. I'm using an outdated (4 or 5 years) version of the BLL Outline to supplement the E&E right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”