Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby KMaine » Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 pm

So, who else is right at their school's cutoff for Biglaw and thinks that they very well could have done worse on this semester's exams than they did last semester? Equal time for those of us trying to keep our heads above water.

User avatar
1ferret!
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby 1ferret! » Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm

The worst part is knowing your class is full of chronic over-achievers who slipped once and are roaring back with a vengence. Gotta watch your back.

User avatar
arhmcpo
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby arhmcpo » Fri May 14, 2010 8:17 pm

1ferret! wrote:The worst part is knowing your class is full of chronic over-achievers who slipped once and are roaring back with a vengence. Gotta watch your back.


Ima kill you with chronic-ness ferret- you betta watch your back

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby rbgrocio » Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 pm

I think my fears of losing my sport are rational. I feel like I did very bad in two of my finals. I don't think I did bad enough to fail any of them... but still... I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent; going down would mean not making it, and I came to law school with two goals: top ten and law review.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby thesealocust » Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 pm

edit: never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby rbgrocio » Fri May 14, 2010 8:26 pm

thesealocust wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent


GTFO. You have your thread.



Oh.... I'm sorry! I thought this was for rational fears... lol I didn't read the last part of the title! lol... I apologize... This is something I tend to do in finals too like in property one of the MC questions was: "an easement in gross needs to be in writing to comply with the SOF." I put false because I didnt read the last part. I apologize!

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby Always Credited » Fri May 14, 2010 8:34 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent


GTFO. You have your thread.



Oh.... I'm sorry! I thought this was for rational fears... lol I didn't read the last part of the title! lol... I apologize... This is something I tend to do in finals too like in property one of the MC questions was: "an easement in gross needs to be in writing to comply with the SOF." I put false because I didnt read the last part. I apologize!


You're far too nice for the internet

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 pm

*streaks through*

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby 06132010 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:50 pm

KMaine wrote:So, who else is right at their school's cutoff for Biglaw and thinks that they very well could have done worse on this semester's exams than they did last semester? Equal time for those of us trying to keep our heads above water.


what's Cornell's cut off for big law ITE? I'm just curious so I can roughly determine how fucked we all are.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 pm

thesealocust wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent


GTFO. You have your thread.


You! And don't even try telling me I can't be in this thread.

User avatar
wiseowl
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby wiseowl » Fri May 14, 2010 9:44 pm

to be fair, the OP said "at the cut off for biglaw". im pretty sure at the school rbgrocio attends 10% is skating pretty close.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent


GTFO. You have your thread.



Oh.... I'm sorry! I thought this was for rational fears... lol I didn't read the last part of the title! lol... I apologize... This is something I tend to do in finals too like in property one of the MC questions was: "an easement in gross needs to be in writing to comply with the SOF." I put false because I didnt read the last part. I apologize!

Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby mac.empress » Sat May 15, 2010 1:35 am

A'nold wrote:*streaks through*


Sexy!!!

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby A'nold » Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 am

mac.empress wrote:
A'nold wrote:*streaks through*


Sexy!!!


I brought my thong from the other thread. 8)

User avatar
1ferret!
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby 1ferret! » Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 am

arhmcpo wrote:
1ferret! wrote:The worst part is knowing your class is full of chronic over-achievers who slipped once and are roaring back with a vengence. Gotta watch your back.


Ima kill you with chronic-ness ferret- you betta watch your back


don't hate

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Sat May 15, 2010 2:32 am

WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

IN COMES THE ROFLCOPTER

OUT GOES THE ROFLCOPTER

User avatar
1ferret!
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby 1ferret! » Sat May 15, 2010 3:09 am

really?

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby rbgrocio » Sat May 15, 2010 7:53 am

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm right at the cut off for top ten percent


GTFO. You have your thread.



Oh.... I'm sorry! I thought this was for rational fears... lol I didn't read the last part of the title! lol... I apologize... This is something I tend to do in finals too like in property one of the MC questions was: "an easement in gross needs to be in writing to comply with the SOF." I put false because I didnt read the last part. I apologize!

Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester



I misread the thread. I'm not blind!!! but anyway... I should not post here anymore... since as some of you have said... I don't belong here! And I don't even know what the cut-off for biglaw at my school is... I'm not interested in biglaw to begin with plus I doubt anyone at my tier 4 gets a biglaw job without having a daddy in biglaw or some other family member.

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby KMaine » Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 am

booyakasha45 wrote:
KMaine wrote:So, who else is right at their school's cutoff for Biglaw and thinks that they very well could have done worse on this semester's exams than they did last semester? Equal time for those of us trying to keep our heads above water.


what's Cornell's cut off for big law ITE? I'm just curious so I can roughly determine how fucked we all are.


Hard to say for next year. I tend not to think that there is as much of a strict cut-off as some people think. Kind of think that the higher we get in the class, the more likely the firms are to give us a real shot at OCI. My thoughts are Top 30% will get a real opportunity to prove themselves, median will truly face an uphill battle. Sheer conjecture. It is just crazy to think how much of it is in the hands of our profs now. . . and how much depends on how much better (or worse) we did than all of those chronic over-achievers referenced above.

User avatar
samiseaborn
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby samiseaborn » Sat May 15, 2010 8:41 am

can I be here? 15/20% last semester, and 5% in either direction makes the difference between transfer/no job at my school. I thought I was doing pretty well until I got to my last final, which may have been a complete disaster :( Now I'm just hoping I at least didn't drop to median much less gain the few points I needed to transfer.

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby KMaine » Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 am

samiseaborn wrote:can I be here? 15/20% last semester, and 5% in either direction makes the difference between transfer/no job at my school. I thought I was doing pretty well until I got to my last final, which may have been a complete disaster :( Now I'm just hoping I at least didn't drop to median much less gain the few points I needed to transfer.


As creator of the thread, I say you are one of us.

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby mac.empress » Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 pm

A'nold wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
A'nold wrote:*streaks through*


Sexy!!!


I brought my thong from the other thread. 8)


I was gonna ask... :). A'nold, your wife wouldn't mind if we went away together for the weekend so you could streak for me, right? :)

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby 06132010 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:09 pm

KMaine wrote:
Hard to say for next year. I tend not to think that there is as much of a strict cut-off as some people think. Kind of think that the higher we get in the class, the more likely the firms are to give us a real shot at OCI. My thoughts are Top 30% will get a real opportunity to prove themselves, median will truly face an uphill battle. Sheer conjecture. It is just crazy to think how much of it is in the hands of our profs now. . . and how much depends on how much better (or worse) we did than all of those chronic over-achievers referenced above.


thanks. I know it's not an explicit cut off, but it's good to have a rough idea of where we stand going into OCI/EIP this August. FOL.

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby KMaine » Sat May 15, 2010 3:18 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
KMaine wrote:
Hard to say for next year. I tend not to think that there is as much of a strict cut-off as some people think. Kind of think that the higher we get in the class, the more likely the firms are to give us a real shot at OCI. My thoughts are Top 30% will get a real opportunity to prove themselves, median will truly face an uphill battle. Sheer conjecture. It is just crazy to think how much of it is in the hands of our profs now. . . and how much depends on how much better (or worse) we did than all of those chronic over-achievers referenced above.


thanks. I know it's not an explicit cut off, but it's good to have a rough idea of where we stand going into OCI/EIP this August. FOL.


Honestly, your guess is as good as mine, but my estimate is the above. You go to Cornell?

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Neff: Rational Fears of 1L's who did o.k. last semester

Postby A'nold » Sat May 15, 2010 3:24 pm

mac.empress wrote:
A'nold wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
A'nold wrote:*streaks through*


Sexy!!!


I brought my thong from the other thread. 8)


I was gonna ask... :). A'nold, your wife wouldn't mind if we went away together for the weekend so you could streak for me, right? :)


I officially approve of where this thread is headed, thanks to us, lol! 8)




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sr1986 and 3 guests