Notice I'm missing a 'tar... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mac.empress

Bronze

Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Post by mac.empress » Fri May 07, 2010 3:20 pm

I've been told that my moving, uncovered ass is not allowed.

This is months after I've been walking around with it.

*Cheerleader voice* How fun!

apper123

Silver

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Post by apper123 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:21 pm

YOU REBEL AGAINST AUTHORITY

YOU SHOW THEM UP

actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls

Gold

Post by 270910 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:25 pm

apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls
+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm

--ImageRemoved--

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:44 pm

disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls
+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.
i actually used adblocker to block the gif out so it didnt show up when i browsed in class

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 pm

disco_barred wrote:
+1

+2

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow! The problems!

... :lol:

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Fri May 07, 2010 4:06 pm

mac.empress wrote:Wow! The problems!

You can't pretend you didn't know that a naked, shaking ass wouldn't bother people or be a problem in any work or school settings. I can't imagine you picked it because you wanted to be discreet.

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

You can't pretend you didn't know that a naked, shaking ass wouldn't bother people or be a problem in any work or school settings. I can't imagine you picked it because you wanted to be discreet.
I wouldn't say the ass was naked. There was clearly a thong involved, but I do agree that NSFW tars shouldn't be allowed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 pm

So glad...I couldnt read any threads you posted on because I didn't want my co-workers looking over and seeing a shaking ass.

Mods, good job!

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I honestly don't understand why it was a big deal.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

We had a complaint from someone who felt it was inappropriate. I don't think it's a big deal, per se, but this really isn't the proper venue for it. Also, my mom reads TLS at her hospital office in CA, and I feel kind of bad subjecting her to someone's gyrating booty.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

Although I can see why it would be offensive, shouldn't people refrain from being on TLS while at school or work in the first place?

That said, it didn't bother me. Stop the censorship!! :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri May 07, 2010 6:20 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:Although I can see why it would be offensive, shouldn't people refrain from being on TLS while at school or work in the first place?
... No?

AtticusFinch

New

Post by AtticusFinch » Fri May 07, 2010 6:21 pm

mac.empress wrote:I've been told that my moving, uncovered ass is not allowed.

This is months after I've been walking around with it.

*Cheerleader voice* How fun!
Feel free to use my shaking tits tar now that I'm not using it anymore.

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 pm

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 am

macattaq wrote:You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.
Now that you mention it Macattaq, I find your avatar highly offensive....I'm a Metlife guy all the way!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 08, 2010 12:32 am

macattaq wrote:You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to a law school discussion forum, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat May 08, 2010 12:36 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to a law school discussion forum, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.
Even the Supreme Court advocates a reasonable for the community standard regarding offensive content. If the Supreme Court can't do it, I'm going to guess TLS wouldn't be much better at it. The common sense approach is kind of better.

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

I generally agree.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 am

Please note that your avatar has been removed for violating TLS guidelines; avatars of (largely-uncovered) human posteriors, particularly when animated, are not permitted. You may select another avatar. Please note that future transgressions may result in adverse consequences.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Sat May 08, 2010 7:05 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to [strike]a law school discussion forum[/strike]my mom at work, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.
ftfy.

and she/he had that tar for months so it's obviously not a matter of sensibilities; if it was one of the other mods would have axed it long ago.

I remember a "fuck michael bay" tar a while ago that actually got me in trouble at work. she was part of this current group of mod's cycle/clique though so I suppose that it is acceptable.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat May 08, 2010 11:40 am

pleasetryagain wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to [strike]a law school discussion forum[/strike]my mom at work, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.
ftfy.

and she/he had that tar for months so it's obviously not a matter of sensibilities; if it was one of the other mods would have axed it long ago.

I remember a "fuck michael bay" tar a while ago that actually got me in trouble at work. she was part of this current group of mod's cycle/clique though so I suppose that it is acceptable.
I am confused... you are annoyed that you got in trouble because of Lex's old avatar, and now you feel this one should have stayed up? I used my mom as an example of one member of the TLS public, simply to remind people that not everyone reading this site is 22. None of the mods want to monitor people's avatars. We would rather everyone have freedom of expression, and we tend to leave things up to you most of the time, simply because you are very busy, and so are we. The internet is vast, and there are places were an unclad booty is perfectly acceptable. I think there was a song in Avenue Q all about it, actually.

We only ask that you keep TLS a place people can visit during work and school hours.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Sat May 08, 2010 11:42 am

Pearalegal wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
+1

+2
+3

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Sat May 08, 2010 11:59 am

mac.empress wrote:
future transgressions may result in adverse consequences.
--ImageRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”