Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby mac.empress » Fri May 07, 2010 3:20 pm

I've been told that my moving, uncovered ass is not allowed.

This is months after I've been walking around with it.

*Cheerleader voice* How fun!

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby apper123 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:21 pm

YOU REBEL AGAINST AUTHORITY

YOU SHOW THEM UP

actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls

270910
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby 270910 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:25 pm

apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls


+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby apper123 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:44 pm

disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls


+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.

i actually used adblocker to block the gif out so it didnt show up when i browsed in class

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby Pearalegal » Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 pm

disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls


+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.


+2

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby mac.empress » Fri May 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow! The problems!

... :lol:

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby Pearalegal » Fri May 07, 2010 4:06 pm

mac.empress wrote:Wow! The problems!

... :lol:


You can't pretend you didn't know that a naked, shaking ass wouldn't bother people or be a problem in any work or school settings. I can't imagine you picked it because you wanted to be discreet.

User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby Bert » Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
mac.empress wrote:Wow! The problems!

... :lol:


You can't pretend you didn't know that a naked, shaking ass wouldn't bother people or be a problem in any work or school settings. I can't imagine you picked it because you wanted to be discreet.


I wouldn't say the ass was naked. There was clearly a thong involved, but I do agree that NSFW tars shouldn't be allowed.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby trialjunky » Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 pm

So glad...I couldnt read any threads you posted on because I didn't want my co-workers looking over and seeing a shaking ass.

Mods, good job!

User avatar
macattaq
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby macattaq » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

I honestly don't understand why it was a big deal.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

We had a complaint from someone who felt it was inappropriate. I don't think it's a big deal, per se, but this really isn't the proper venue for it. Also, my mom reads TLS at her hospital office in CA, and I feel kind of bad subjecting her to someone's gyrating booty.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
mac.empress wrote:Wow! The problems!

... :lol:


You can't pretend you didn't know that a naked, shaking ass wouldn't bother people or be a problem in any work or school settings. I can't imagine you picked it because you wanted to be discreet.


Although I can see why it would be offensive, shouldn't people refrain from being on TLS while at school or work in the first place?

That said, it didn't bother me. Stop the censorship!! :lol:

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby vanwinkle » Fri May 07, 2010 6:20 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:Although I can see why it would be offensive, shouldn't people refrain from being on TLS while at school or work in the first place?

... No?

AtticusFinch
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby AtticusFinch » Fri May 07, 2010 6:21 pm

mac.empress wrote:I've been told that my moving, uncovered ass is not allowed.

This is months after I've been walking around with it.

*Cheerleader voice* How fun!


Feel free to use my shaking tits tar now that I'm not using it anymore.

User avatar
macattaq
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby macattaq » Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 pm

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby jlnoa0915 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:09 am

macattaq wrote:You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.


Now that you mention it Macattaq, I find your avatar highly offensive....I'm a Metlife guy all the way!

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 08, 2010 12:32 am

macattaq wrote:You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.


Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to a law school discussion forum, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby vanwinkle » Sat May 08, 2010 12:36 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
macattaq wrote:You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I see a problem with how this was handled. First, a complaint made by a single person shouldn't be sufficient. If there were many, more than five or ten, then I could understand. Was there any moderator discussion of this? Did Ken give any input or insight? Again, if there was, I would understand. Second, I haven't seen a corresponding thread giving policies for avatars, or even language. While I certainly don't think this was personal to MacEmpress, if we are going to be subject to removal of our avatars due to another user's discomfort then at a minimum, there should also be a highly visible thread containing policing policies.

Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to a law school discussion forum, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.

Even the Supreme Court advocates a reasonable for the community standard regarding offensive content. If the Supreme Court can't do it, I'm going to guess TLS wouldn't be much better at it. The common sense approach is kind of better.

User avatar
macattaq
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby macattaq » Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

I generally agree.

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby mac.empress » Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 am

Please note that your avatar has been removed for violating TLS guidelines; avatars of (largely-uncovered) human posteriors, particularly when animated, are not permitted. You may select another avatar. Please note that future transgressions may result in adverse consequences.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat May 08, 2010 7:05 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to [strike]a law school discussion forum[/strike]my mom at work, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.


ftfy.

and she/he had that tar for months so it's obviously not a matter of sensibilities; if it was one of the other mods would have axed it long ago.

I remember a "fuck michael bay" tar a while ago that actually got me in trouble at work. she was part of this current group of mod's cycle/clique though so I suppose that it is acceptable.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 08, 2010 11:40 am

pleasetryagain wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Do you honestly want policing policies? This comes down to common sense. If you post something (or select an avatar) that is inappropriate to [strike]a law school discussion forum[/strike]my mom at work, you will probably be asked to take it down. Most of us are adults, and we have a pretty good sense of what would or would not fit that description. If you really want a bunch of complicated guidelines, I can take that up with the other mods, but for my part I would rather trust you guys to make prudent choices.


ftfy.

and she/he had that tar for months so it's obviously not a matter of sensibilities; if it was one of the other mods would have axed it long ago.

I remember a "fuck michael bay" tar a while ago that actually got me in trouble at work. she was part of this current group of mod's cycle/clique though so I suppose that it is acceptable.


I am confused... you are annoyed that you got in trouble because of Lex's old avatar, and now you feel this one should have stayed up? I used my mom as an example of one member of the TLS public, simply to remind people that not everyone reading this site is 22. None of the mods want to monitor people's avatars. We would rather everyone have freedom of expression, and we tend to leave things up to you most of the time, simply because you are very busy, and so are we. The internet is vast, and there are places were an unclad booty is perfectly acceptable. I think there was a song in Avenue Q all about it, actually.

We only ask that you keep TLS a place people can visit during work and school hours.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat May 08, 2010 11:42 am

Pearalegal wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:actually tbh nsfw avatars on here are a bad idea considering where many of us view tls


+1

I found it really obnoxious, but never wanted to be 'that guy' / 'that gal' who bitched about it.


+2


+3

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Notice I'm missing a 'tar...

Postby GATORTIM » Sat May 08, 2010 11:59 am

mac.empress wrote:
future transgressions may result in adverse consequences.


--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: baileymjd, mjb447, nunumaster, rockosmodernlife, shineoncrazydiamond, splitterfromhell, TLSreader, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests