summer school experience

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
griffy

summer school experience

Postby griffy » Wed May 05, 2010 6:17 pm

I was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on summer school, good and bad. My main interest is how different it was from the regular semester. I'm taking 3 classes and working part time, so I'm expecting to be pretty busy. The class sizes as of now range from 7 to 12 students, not subject to curve. With such small classes, may I benefit if I'm typically a middle of the pack student? Also, the time crunch is 2 months. I realize every school has a different dynamic but I appreciate any stories advice that people can offer.

Matthies

Re: summer school experience

Postby Matthies » Sat May 08, 2010 7:03 pm

griffy wrote:I was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on summer school, good and bad. My main interest is how different it was from the regular semester. I'm taking 3 classes and working part time, so I'm expecting to be pretty busy. The class sizes as of now range from 7 to 12 students, not subject to curve. With such small classes, may I benefit if I'm typically a middle of the pack student? Also, the time crunch is 2 months. I realize every school has a different dynamic but I appreciate any stories advice that people can offer.

I went part-time and took summer classes every semester while working. I enjoyed them, smaller class size, less BS because of the shorter and time and most of them where taught by adjuncts who actually practiced law (like evidence and PR where taught by judges) so I felt I got a more real-world than policy type experience.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”