need to win criminal law. seeking advice.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Learning Hand

need to win criminal law. seeking advice.

Postby Learning Hand » Wed May 05, 2010 11:11 am

Title says it all. How do I win criminal law? I need to learn it in a week. :|

Re: need to win criminal law. seeking advice.

Postby 270910 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 am

Dressler is good, class notes are good.

Crim law exams often involve new statutes. You can practice, but make sure you're ready to use the law you learned to apply to something new. Some people were really off-put when the statutes didn't look exactly like what had been covered in class - expect that.

Figure out if the prof has any policy they do or actively do not care about, make sure you think about that kind of info in all of your answers.

dslslave

Postby dslslave » Wed May 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Dressler audio files....saved me from a clueless prof!

badlydrawn

Postby badlydrawn » Tue May 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Bumping this. Someone give me faith. I've got two days to learn crim law. On that note, does anyone possess or have a link for an amazing Kadish outline?

eth3n

Postby eth3n » Tue May 11, 2010 7:16 pm

disco_barred wrote:class notes are good

Crim law far more than any other class/test I have taken thus far really relies on how your professor specifically deals with these issues, if you took good notes but are heavily using on old/commercial outline, make sure you go through your own notes, my professor deviated from the standard stuff substantially. If they still have office hours before the test, by all means go in there and get them to go through their methods of analysis for common issues so you can get through the test as quickly as possible. Going to prof's office hours the day before the final (after I already memorized my outline as it was closed book) really showed me exactly what he was looking for. I do this for every professor that will put up with me, and it generally is very helpful. There are a lot of random situations you can come up with for crim hypos, often the day before the test (or close to it) the prof will be like "ya don't worry too much about that complicated issue," which can be a load off your mind if you are kind of person who is freaking out over stuff like that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”