I feel right at home in this thread. I can't talk about it with... well, anybody in real life, because I don't want to sound like a huge douche, but I'm probably twice as stressed this semester as last. I can't fathom how I will get three A's this semester, which I'll need to maintain my GPA. I keep thinking "one missed issue and there goes your law review invite!" And with the law review invite goes my job. What if last semester was a total fluke? What if everyone adjusted to law school and I didn't? What if my exam writing abilities aren't actually that great, and I just got by on multiple choice, which I don't have this semester?
Last semester I was just hoping to hit median keep my scholarship. My expectations are unreasonably high this semester.
This is exactly how I feel. (And A'nold too, wherever he is). Ill try not to make this reply that long, but the red wine I had after civ pro, but this thread is right in my wheelhouse.
1) Disco, you were the one telling us the other night not to worry about things - that it was very rare to fall of after first semester! what the shit? hahahaha.
2) I was convinced that last semester was a fluke, or that other people would catch up, or that my exams this semester were goin to be too easy OR too hard and that I wouldn't do well or the fact that I basically pissed on the textbook this semester will equal median or worse this time around DESPITE the top individual grade in all of my classes except LRW
3) I for sure have figured out that I need at least 1 A to secure law review (if I get into a t14, I'm gone, but the fact that I am in this thread is proof that I am pessimistic as hell about this)
4) As I said, I did exceptionally well first semester but I was 100000% content with above median. I remember being like as long as top 30% I am cool with that and not only was I cool with it, I expected it. now I am expecting top 10%...wonder if I will be disappointed.
5) Halfway through my exam tonight I was like "shit, I am rolling" and by the end I was like "shit, I am fucked" - still, I looked up and saw peoples screens that were just filled with paragraphs...I think underlined, bold, etc. subheadings are so underrated its ridiculous, especially when everyone knows the law and you really need to help make yourself stand out
6) My professor put, almost word for word, a question from one of his practice exams on the test this year and I really just didn't focus on it enough. I got the main points but for a question worth 15% of our grade, I literally typed 2-3 SHORT paragraphs. Am i fucked?
7) What is the point of this post? idk!?!?! Im borderline drunk and trying not to think about Conlaw and as I said, self doubt after killing first semester, thats my wheelhouse baby!